• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

New Computer Build- Need advice

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I've always done gaming specs. Not ridiculous specs but respectable by current standards. Not because I game but because it will still be chugging along years later when a lesser build would have no useful life left in the tank.

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
Paul is probably the best source on youtube for pc builds. He does the low end and mid range stuff too which most of the others do all the high end.

He actually used to do tutorials for Newegg back in the day and I followed one of his videos for my first build in the late 00s

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
That's a decent little beast for nine hundo. Would be a fun project if I had the time.....

Joe Flacco

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
It's worth spending money on the workstation. We use it several hours per day every day. Professionals use professional tools.

Joe Flacco

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I think $1000-$1500 for desktop not including monitors is a pretty good budget. Don't go cheap on the monitors either. Cheap monitors are tough on your eyes for heavy users.

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
At least two hard drives, one for the operating system (SSD) and one for the data (all your appraisal files) either type and at least 8 gb of RAM, anything i3 or better is fast enough for any appraisal work and a system or method for an external copy (another local computer, NAS, HD connected to a router or cloud). Large monitors at least two.

NOGAVA

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
I actually use a gaming computer for my work computer. It has all the power I need and I run 3 monitors on it.. that is where you will have a problem with your power supply.
Used to use the same thing. Was a Dell Alienware CPU. Running a few Surface Pros now for work computers. Not the best for on board storage, but cloud & external drives have made that somewhat irrelevant.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks