• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Construction Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica Otto

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I am doing my first new construction FHA, have done several FHA not new construction,and am finding out they are quite different. I am getting conflicting information and the manual is not clear. I need help, please. The home I am appraising was recently completed. Apparently I need: plans, specs, builder's certification, warranty as if proposed; no VC sheets; subject to a final inspection by a HUD approved compliance inspector, and a Form 1007 for cost approach. Is all of the above correct, and is there anything else I should have or should know? I did not find 4150.2 to be very complete in these instructions - where else do you all get your information on completing FHA appraisals? Thanks, Monica

rtubbs

Monica, check out the HUD Homeownership Center Reference Guide from the HUD web site. There is a section in there that pretty much explains how to handle new construction.

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hi, Monica, welcome to the forum!

The information that rtubbs referred you to should help quite a bit. The stuff you listed sounds about right. I'm not that far away from you and I have sent you an email with my contact numbers in case you need any further help.

There are a lot of smart folks in here (wish I was one of 'em!) with tons of experience, so don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.

Monica Otto

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks for the info and the offer of help. I think I am on the right track now.

Bryan Reynolds

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kentucky
Generally HUD like to see a marketing expense in the detailed cost approach.

References to the page numbers from a cost manual or a copy of the page is also recommened unless you are using local builder estimates which are probably more accurate anyway.

NO VC sheets!!!

They dang underwriters. I always ask How can I open one window per room when the windows haven't been installed yet??? lol

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks