• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Construction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Opinions?

This is an area where about 1500-1600 homes were destroyed by wildfires in the course of about a year.

When owners rebuild is this new construction?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
If they keep any part of the original structure, it may be considered to be a remodel. Check the local building department.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
That's not what I mean. It has to do with market analysis.

D

Deleted member 134708

C1

Dwelling has never been lived in. Yes. New construction.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
My question was not about condition or the actual building. It's about market analysis and growth. Of course the replacement house is new (construction) as in newly constructed but if 100's of lots are being rebuilt upon does this mean there is growth and demand?

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
New construction. And it is re growth.

nstanbru

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
but if 100's of lots are being rebuilt upon does this mean there is growth and demand?

The operative word in your statement is "rebuilt". I agree with nottrav in post #6.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Many are choosing not to rebuild and there is a yuge over supply of vacant lots. You can pick up a good size lot for less than $5,000. Hundreds and hundreds of them.

nstanbru

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Many are choosing not to rebuild and there is a yuge over supply of vacant lots. You can pick up a good size lot for less than $5,000. Hundreds and hundreds of them.

Based on what you just posted, it seems there is (at least to me) a negative effect as a result of the fire. Sounds like people are afraid to live there any more. Just curious, have you been able to speak with anyone who lost their home and decided not to rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks