• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Faqs From Asb - Appraising A Property For Two Clients At Same Time - Disclosure Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Interesting that we just had this conversation in a thread not too long ago (prior disclosure, simultaneous or near-simultaneous assignments on the same property).

My advice then doesn't change with the new FAQ. I'd disclose a prior service in each assignment and cite that while one may have been chronologically received/accepted prior to the other, they were both so close in time, that the best option is to disclose in both assignments that a prior service condition exists as it might be argued that either one was the "first" by either client. By alerting both clients prior to completion and disclosing a prior service in each of the reports, the full intent of the USPAP is achieved; transparency in the reports and providing the option to the clients to consider if they wants to proceed with the assignment or not, given the circumstances.

Last edited:

DWiley

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Interesting that we just had this conversation in a thread not too long ago (prior disclosure, simultaneous or near-simultaneous assignments on the same property).

My advice then doesn't change with the new FAQ. I'd disclose a prior service in each assignment and cite that while one may have been chronologically received/accepted prior to the other, they were both so close in time, that the best option is to disclose in both assignments that a prior service condition exists as it might be argued that either one was the "first" by either client. By doing alerting both clients prior to completion and disclosing a prior service in each of the reports, the full intent of the USPAP is achieved; transparency in the reports and providing the option to the clients to consider if they wants to proceed with the assignment or not, given the circumstances.
I would also disclose to both. USPAP is the minimum :)

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
In that scenario, I recommend disclosure at the time the second potential client contacts the Appraiser giving client 2 the option of placing the order with another Appraiser OR placing the second order with the same Appraiser with knowledge about the first assignment on the same property (i.e.IMO, full disclosure in a second completed appraisal is too late).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks