• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Home Appraisal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhencai

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I have an order to appraise an un-finished new home. There are some finished new homes nearby. Where can I find selling prices of those comps? Sales office? What if other new home loans haven't been closed?

Thanks a lot.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
First, if the homes were part of the general inventory of the builder, offered to the general public, and not true customs, then go talk to the builder rep and get the info from them. Homes that have not closed can be cited, again the same source, but these are not sales. Sometimes, new builder homes show up in MLS as well. Overall, however, builders and their reps are willing to help you because they know that they'll need help from other builders down the road.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
If you can access the sale prices in your county records, better verify them against what the builders give you! Underwriters will.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
New construction appraising is generally not for a brand new appraiser. It has lots of considerations not typically found in appraising existing housing. Consult with your mentor to determine if you are qualified for this type of assignment.

Kelly S

Professional Status
State
California
I ran across the exact same thing recently. Most of the homes were finished, but none of the APN's showed up in public records yet! There was zero information in MLS. I went to the sales office and they were very friendly and gave me all the information I needed. It was a rainy day and I think they were just glad to have someone to talk to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks