• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

New Location maps for Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Utah
How do you guys/gals like the new location maps with todays update? I think it is pretty slick. I especially like the neighborhood highlight option.

Frederick

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
AWESOME!

Love the hybrid

Neighborhood delineation function on the map allows for a much more accurate depiction than a narrative can illustrate.

Last edited:

Wendy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
The new maps absolutely ROCK!!!!

David Dietz

Professional Status
State
Florida
I went to replace a map in a report I wrote last night and the new map had the wrong locations marked. So far the most important aspect of the map does not seem to be an improvement.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Great new update tool ! and now It can show certain features and give a better perspective which will show how certain rural areas are sparsely populated. Now you can explain why you made an adjustment, because of the commercial business that it backs too, or the lake adjustment for panoranic views. It will make your reports much more creditable. This could significantly help UW when reviewing work. Is AlaMode the only one with this feature?

Todd Ruhl

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Thanks alamode...great new feature. Love the "hybrid" view...already had a compliment from a client!

PLCG

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Glad to hear this is working for you guys. That download wiped out my census, flood info, and mapping. Nothing works anymore! I have to enter it all by hand and make my own maps to get the reports out. Tech hasn't been able to fix it yet.

CCAAMO

Professional Status
State
California
I went to replace a map in a report I wrote last night and the new map had the wrong locations marked. So far the most important aspect of the map does not seem to be an improvement.
\

I'm with you, it still makes too many errors with the locations of the properties in many areas.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
I posted a comment about this on another forum. The hybrid map is cool if your comps are all located real close to each other. Beyond that it won't show your reader anything a regular map would show.

Where using VE comes in really handy is when you zoom in close on the subject's block and annotate your subject property. If your subject is in an urban or suburban area chances are good there is a "bird's eye" view option available, which gives you the choice of 4 shots (from different directions) at a 45 degree angle. You can see everything on the site that was there the day the pic was taken.

I usually print the map to a pdf and use Acrobat to annotate, then copy/paste into my reports. It's not much slower to do it manually than to use alamode's wizard.

I've been using VE pics in my appraisals for the last year and the clients seem to like it.

If you annotate the lot lines you can show setbacks, additions, site improvements, etc.

rbrix8

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
Map Issues!

Glad to hear this is working for you guys. That download wiped out my census, flood info, and mapping. Nothing works anymore! I have to enter it all by hand and make my own maps to get the reports out. Tech hasn't been able to fix it yet.

I have had the same issue Pat....no maps at all! Any luck with tech support??? I have tried re-installing all of the new map updates back to June and still nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks