• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New "market analysis check"

Status
Not open for further replies.

netappr

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Anyone want to work for free, just received this one from an AMC,
l:rof::rof::rof:

"Please perform a price check and market analysis for the neighborhood of the property listed above.

Please note that this engagement is a consulting assignment pertaining to actual sales prices and market activity that has occurred in the competitive neighborhood. Its purpose is to help establish reasonable expectation of general market conditions in the relevant neighborhood. This assignment is not an appraisal, nor a guarantee that any specific residence in the neighborhood would have a similar value. In order to perform an appraisal, an appraiser must measure and inspect a specific property to ascertain all the specific characteristics that determine the marketability of a specific property. No guarantee of any specific opinion of value for any specific property is expressed or implied by the conclusions of this market analysis.
Thanks.":new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Anyone want to work for free, just received this one from an AMC,

"Please perform a price check and market analysis for the neighborhood of the property listed above.

Please note that this engagement is a consulting assignment pertaining to actual sales prices and market activity that has occurred in the competitive neighborhood. Its purpose is to help establish reasonable expectation of general market conditions in the relevant neighborhood. This assignment is not an appraisal, :rof::rof:i guess they've interpreted the latest Q&A for themselvesnor a guarantee that any specific residence in the neighborhood would have a similar value. In order to perform an appraisal, an appraiser must measure and inspect a specific property guess they never ordered a 2055?to ascertain all the specific characteristics that determine the marketability of a specific property. No guarantee of any specific opinion of value for any specific property is expressed or implied by the conclusions of this market analysis.
Thanks.":new_2gunsfiring_v1:

That is their feel good words so we don't think they are asking for comp checks or free appraisals. I wonder who are working these "assignments"?

speck

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oklahoma
MOMENTUM? I got the same request this morning.

netappr

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Yes, momentum

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
As I've been saying all along, you could "ban" a dozen different terms for comp checks and these guys would still be able to come up with a dozen more ways of asking for the same thing. Each would have some variation of the rationale for it not being an appraisal despite requesting your comparison of sales or rental data with their subject property.

It's kinda like saying "It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, but it's not a duck because we're calling it an apple."

May I also assume these guys are asking you to do it for free?

netappr

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Yep, no indication of any fee was specified or no formal request

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I Do These Consultion All The Time For $450.

Sign It As Lic Realtor Ed-

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York

No problemo ........it's just a "data dump". oh wait.........it's only "raw sales" .......... no wait it's a consulting assignment........

"hey Joe why dont we just go online or call local real estate agents instead?:.

"nah get it from some appraiser they'll do anything to get an appraisal order these days, besides they got insurance if what they give us is wrong we're off the hook" .

" hey joe I got that appraisal data back - seems there were only 6 non-foreclosure sales within a mile of that property from $100 to $150. in the last 6 months - Ok GREAT!...... we only need $125-135. I'm gonna go order that "real " appraisal now - the appraiser already did the market research garbage - so im gonna knock off $100. from the usual fee - don't worry - this guy WILL do it - He's My Man !~~~~~~~"

Last edited:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Tell them they have to at least kiss you first. Your choice of location.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
But, but, but I thought if someone just defined and outlawed a Comp Check all this would go away? How could they possibly come up with another term for the same thing.

After Comp Check, we'll have to have a definition for "market analysis check".

I'm sure that after the powers that be define about 2,000 terms, appraisers won't have to worry about simply not accepting this type of stuff. It will all go away then. :new_smile-l:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks