• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New National Uniform Exams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Phillips

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hey all -

I'm hearing about new national uniform appraisal exams. Don't know if my terminology is correct. Who knows what's up with this? When are they going to be required? Are the Florida appraisal schools/instructors starting to teach the national exams?

I'm hearing they are (dare I speculate?) 8 hours long and they are supposed to be considerably more difficult to pass. Any news/views from Florida's perspective?

mp

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hey all -

I'm hearing about new national uniform appraisal exams. Don't know if my terminology is correct. Who knows what's up with this? When are they going to be required? Are the Florida appraisal schools/instructors starting to teach the national exams?

I'm hearing they are (dare I speculate?) 8 hours long and they are supposed to be considerably more difficult to pass. Any news/views from Florida's perspective?

mp

The AQB adopted some rules, procedures and standards that made it impossible for Florida to continue with their development of an equivalent examination. As such, the AQB National Examination will be administered to all applicants for State Certified Residential or State Certified General credentials after January 1, 2008.

The protocol for administration of the examination allows 6 hours for the Residential Examination and 8 hours for the General Examination. There will be a Florida specific supplement to the AQB examination.

More information here:

http://www.appraisalfoundation.org/s_appraisal/bin.asp?CID=292&DID=1059&DOC=FILE.PDF

http://www.appraisalfoundation.org/s_appraisal/sec.asp?CID=292&DID=738

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
LOL...I just had a vision of appraisers who take and pass the 2008 exam looking down their noses at appraisers who took the "easy" 2007 and earlier exams.

Guess you had to be there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks