• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Record for Days on Market - Simply Incredible !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Birrell (NY)

Listed for sale at $1,890,000 (originally listed at $1,599,000 - if ya can't sell it - raise the price !!!???). Listed 10/24/96. DAYS ON MARKET 2,210

It gets even better. Realtor gives my phone number to owner (after she botched appointment for this morning). Owner DEMANDS I come today.
Why the rush, you've been waiting 6.05 years !!!!!!!!!!!

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
We had a home on the market for over 7 years in my county, the asking price was $260,000 for those 7 years. When it finally sold, the sale price was $255,000 and because the highest sale in the county's history. We have had one more at $330,000, one at $275,000 and another at $250,000 since that time. So now when I have an order for an expensive home (for this area), I have four comparables to utilize--with the oldest sale five years ago and the most recent 6 months ago. Ain't life fun!

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
"the asking price was $260,000 for those 7 years"
8O Woah, that's almost a starter home in my area. Need some comps? Just make a little comment about comps being over 1.5 miles. :lol:

David C. Johnson

<span style='color:darkblue'>Joe,

You're not serious -- you mean someone paid that kind of money for that old shack !? :?

Geeez!

Just goes to show: "There's one born every minu-- err, well, every 6.05 years, I guess" ! :)

dcj</span>

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
That particular house located in Phoenix or Tucson would have sold in less than 3 months and probably for at least twice that amount. But my county has a typical income of $25,000 per year--so any time a house has an asking price of over $100,000 it is on the market until somebody with a high enough income to afford the payments is transferred to the area. Then when they are transferred out of the area, the cycle repeats itself. The majority of jobs in the county pay minimum wage, county government jobs are considered "high living" because they pay between $20,000 to $25,000! The other local jobs are at the copper mine 50 miles east, and they aren't hiring. And then we do have three prisons that pay better but the federal prison transferrs their employees every two years. A $75,000 home in Graham County would cost at least $150,000 in Phoenix or Tucson--just as nice if not nicer and has a gorgeous view for free! You can see the free gorgreous view at http://www.naifa.com/jmstratton~

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
oops typed that wrong
http://www.naifa.com/~jmstratton

Hope the clouds lift off the mountain tomorrow--new snow last night down to the 4000 level and when there is a break in the clouds the mountain is beautiful. The photo linked above had snow to about the 6000 level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks