• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Release today from the Fed and FDIC asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I see the Feds have step up the PR today by making new news releases on all the national net works, that people should not make a run on thier banks Monday. That all is well and there is no reason for panic, your funds are insured up to $100,000. You money will be there.

Also stated that only 90 Banks were on thier watch list at this time. But the problem with that it is all most double of what it was two years ago.

Sounds like they are worried about a run on all banks across the country in the morning, why else would they have statements released on Sunday.

Do you think they know something we don't???

They never saying nothing about the state banks that ae not under the FDIC Insurance Program. Who is going to shore them up??? Who is going to prevent a run on them.

Nothing said about the stock market, who is going to shore the stock up???

I think this is the tip and the start of a lot of major problems that will drag us down.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Nothing said about the stock market, who is going to shore the stock up???
Nobody, hopefully. Stocks need to reset to market...Let the bloodletting begin.. Hilary Kramer says Summer rally, "capitulation" in October after the 3rd Q results are in [3rd Q is end of fiscal year for lots of things]

moh malekpour

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
They are more concerned and worried about GSEs failure than banks. That is the one that could crumble the whole world economy if it failed and they cannot let it to happen but it may happen. So, they are trying to give confidence to Wall Street not to react panicky to morrow morning and haste their collapse

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I think the economy is posed to reset values in a big way. Liquidity remains the acute problem for everyone - mortgage company, investment company holding short positions where there are no buyers, Fannie-Freddy...I think it is going to be a long week and I think at least one more top 10 bank will fold its tent within the next 90 days.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I think the economy is posed to reset values in a big way. Liquidity remains the acute problem for everyone - mortgage company, investment company holding short positions where there are no buyers, Fannie-Freddy...I think it is going to be a long week and I think at least one more top 10 bank will fold its tent within the next 90 days.

It's going to be more then a long week, maybe several months. I think we will see a couple of the larger banks and a number of the smaller banks in each state go down as well.

After last week article on bank health in Central and SW Wisconsin, makes me start to consider how to live in a depression, what type of business will be needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks