• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Scheduling Ploy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I just had a call from a major national lender whereby the LO got me on the phone and then added the borrower on a conference call to "set up the date and time for the inspection."

I do not even have the order and they are trying to pin me down to a time and date.

Of course I dutifully explained that we don't do just one visit to a property and then run back and write the report.

This is the first time I've ever had this kind of conference call to set an appointment.

Anybody else ever run into this?

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
Richard...

They go so far now-a-days that they make the appt. for you and then send you the order with the time you need to be there....I have had that happen quite a bit.. :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:

Em Tee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Yep, we got a fax order that said "The termite inspector will be there TODAY so you can go at the same time" Like we just sit around waiting for faxes to come in so we can run out to the property right then! :question: What the heck are they thinking?

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Yes, I have had that happen. And with both on the line, I told them that I am booked 2 weeks out, and no I do not inspect on weekends. They didn't like it, and I knew it was just a ploy trying to get their little job pushed in front of my biggest and best clients. It didn't work :p They waited just like the rest of 'em. B)

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Yep, I've had that happen, the same loan officer has never tried it with me twice, though. Must be in one of their LO classes. DUMB thing to do!!!

I do have a client that sets the appointments and then I reschedule them.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
It's usually a case of the LO trying to impress their client, kind of like calling the best restaurant in town and getting a table whenever they want. I don't do pre-set appointments no matter how good the client.

TC

Travis McGee

Isn't it funny how my best clients never do that. It's only the ones I a. have never heard of or b. the ones I have the most problems with.

Roger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
Had an AMC that attempted to 'pre-schedule' apointments for me.

Wonder who's doing their work now?

Larry Lyke

I've had it happen a couple of times, but it's usually been a matter of the LO trying to pin the borrower down -- as in commitment -- as in keeping another LO from stealing the borrower.

Hey, you guys know about committment, right?

I would give them a schedule, usually 7-10 days out with the caveat of making them stay home for 3 hours in the morning or the afternoon, because it was way too early to be able to flush out my schedule. Then firm it up with a phone call when fixing the schedule.

One time it was an LO I didn't know and they agreed to C.O.D., so they were happy. Me too. Then I found out while at the property that they picked me because of the short schedule I quoted. Of course, I didn't return the favor by telling them I came to that area on certain days.

You can't be too candid or too coy. Fun and games. It's all I have left in life!

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
Yea, I had a run of the old scheduling ploy but it has gone away recently. It was usually when a borrower had an impossible schedule to deal with (e.g. works 6 days a week, and can't be bothered on Sunday) and the L.O. needed the reported yesterday on a SUPER RUSH basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks