• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Tax Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
I read an article written by a CPA. He states that if the new tax law gets passed there will be no business expense write off's allowed and we will have to pay tax on our annual gross income. Does anyone know the truth about this? Corporations will be allowed to deduct write off but not small business owners. That's us.

DREA Dean

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania

Gobears81

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I'd be quite surprised to see this tax bill become law. Two Republican senators have already announced that they'll oppose, which doesn't include Republicans in the higher-tax states or Democrats. They are still working out changes, so even if it does become law, it would probably be different than what has been published, so we probably won't know how it'll look until the final version is released.

D

Deleted member 134708

I'd immediately stop listening to a person talk about something that isn't even written nor passed yet.

Pittsburgh Pete

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I'd immediately stop listening to a person talk about something that isn't even written nor passed yet.
So wait until it's a fait accompli before listening or expressing an opinion? After it's passed is a little late to comment don't ya think?

D

Deleted member 134708

So wait until it's a fait accompli before listening or expressing an opinion? After it's passed is a little late to comment don't ya think?

Yes. That's the proper way. You have to pass something, to then find out what's in it.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Yes. That's the proper way. You have to pass something, to then find out what's in it.

I passed it, I saw it, I flushed it. Done deal.
Need a bigger loo for the congress and so called people. :cautious:

Michael S

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
I read an article written by a CPA. He states that if the new tax law gets passed there will be no business expense write off's allowed and we will have to pay tax on our annual gross income. Does anyone know the truth about this? Corporations will be allowed to deduct write off but not small business owners. That's us.

Doesn't sound like a very competent CPA.

Jim Bartley

Professional Status
State
Virginia

Sometimes you have to "pass a bill to find out what's in it". N. Pelosi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks