• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Texas education hour requirements question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Coburn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
I took the 75 hour appraisal course and 15 hour USPAP course 1 1/2 years ago to become a trainee. I'm going to be filing for State Licensure in March but in Texas the 150 hour education requirements have already gone into effect.

I'm a bit lost on what 60 hours of courses I need to take in order to fulfill the education requirement. I took the original 90 hour course on careerwebschool.com so I called them but they told me I needed to check with the state. I thought I'd ask here before delving into the TALCB phone nightmare.

These new rules are confusing me. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Mike Plumlee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
It's my understanding that you can still license under the current (old) set of requirements until October 31, 2008 IF you submitted prior to October 31, 2007. I would call the nice lady in Austin and check it out.

Brad Coburn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Texas
Thank you both for your replies I will definitely check into that Oct. 31st date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks