• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NEW TRAINEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKE GALLEGOS

Freshman Member
Hi everyone,
My name is Mike Gallegos and I am a new trainee. I am currently taking R1 and my final test is tomorrow. I have already taken the USPAP exam and I have passed it. My friend Brian Evichin is in my class and he told me about this site. A frend of my sister's owns his own appraisal company and he told me if I took the classes he would give me a job when I was done. So basically that is what got me involved in appraising. My life was not going anywhere and I did not know what I was going to do. This opportunity came upon me and I jumped on it. To tell you the truth, I actually enjoy it and I am looking forward to launching my career in this field. I am going to most likely have a lot of questions posted so hopefully you guys could help me. Thank you and I hope to be chatting with everyone. Mike

liznindy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Welcome, Mike. Good luck on your test :!:

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Welcome Mike and good luck!

Read, read, read here. It's better than any 10 classes you could take!

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Hi Mike :D !

Ditto on the welcome!

Since you know Brian, I know he has to have warned you that along with a lot of advice, you can't be thin-skinned about taking a few lumps now and then :wink: It's pretty garuanteed that the fine folks on this forum will tell you what they think you NEED to hear instead of what you think you WANT to hear.

Congrats on posting one of the most upbeat intro's I have seen in quite a while, AND in having your ducks mostly in line before getting into this crazy biz!

We look forward to hearing more from you. :D

Lee Ann

MIKE GALLEGOS

Freshman Member
Thank you everyone for replying to my message. I like this site because people respond to you very quickly and efficiently.

Brian Evichin

Freshman Member
Thank you everyone for replying to my message. I like this site because people respond to you very quickly and efficiently.
I told you they were quick. They are all good people from what I have seen so far, and they are willing to help. Like I said, dont be shy with your questions, and please make sure your spelling is correct! haHa LOL
Sorry, had to throw that in there.
Good Luck tomorrow!
I know I will need it. LOL

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
My life was not going anywhere and I did not know what I was going to do.

<span style='color:brown'>You mean all the local bars had their fill of piano players?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck, Mike. If you are "one of us" you will like it......if not, you will enjoy the company while you last.......

Wish you the best....and let us hear how you are doing from time to time....we all like good news</span>

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Brian, let's get the record straight.
We are likely to forgive a newbie who can't spell well but who truly wants to learn about the many complexities of this profession (though we reserve the right to razz them a little bit about it :wink: ).
Our worst wrath is saved for the over-confident newbie who thinks they know everything. We will toast them no matter how well they can spell. :lol:

Mike,
It's great to see you here. Welcome!

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Do funblefingered regulars get a break 8O

Maybe I should install that spellchecker Wayne found...

But every time I try something new it takes a week of petting to get Gertrude (my computer) to settle back down and quit being a _itch! :wink:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
That spell checker works well and can be used else where too.

We ask you to spell check and use reasonable punctuation because the general public reads our posts too. Don't want them thinking we are a bunch of uneducated bumpkins.

Welcome to the forum...Mike. Good luck with your test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks