• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Unemployment Figures Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Lowering the interest rate will not help. The last two hikes caused exactly a one day bump up in stock then a massive sell off. You can go to zero but you cannot help people pay off debts that are more than the value of the property they are paying off. They are better off to walk even if the interest rate PAID YOU 3 - 4%...

Brad Ellis

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
This is all going to depend upon your personal point of view.

For appraisers, the credit crunch is a very big factor in their practices. A large part of that credit crunch revolves around the resets of adjustable mortgage rates.

IF the fed moves fast enough and strongly enough (and I am not suggesting they will- so this is only an "if"), it could easily modify or even totally cancel the new higher payment requirements for some- perhaps many.

Should that happen, fewer homes go into foreclosure thereby easing the inventory levels. Further, lower rates will improve overall affordability and that could spur sales somewhat for both new and existing homes. In addition, there will be those who will opt to refinance, adding to appraisal volume.

Always look at the whole picture. What I 0outlined above may well not come to pass, but it does blend into the logic of economics.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks