• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New VC Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I have been doing FHA assignments for years but it never ceases to amaze me how convoluted problems can get.

Case in point:

Inspection revealed no gas to central furnace. (Gas turned off) Marked appropriate section on VC sheet. Upon re-inspection a new problem.....heater makes howling noise and very little air flow at heat registers. (no wonder the gas was turned off?) :roll: Now, I will require an air conditioning professional to certify the heating system.

Now.....do I note this on CIR or give the client a revised VC sheet? Also, a sliding glass door that worked at the first inspection now does not open...no egress.....

I am thinking of revising the VC sheet........What do you all do in this
situation?

Rob Bodkin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
I would provide a revised VC, with the new conditions noted and described. There should be room. I would also note that it replaces the original VC. I would also note the new conditions on the completion report, i.e. gas now turned on but there are a few new problems. That way you would have a clear chain of reporting. The second, and hopefully final completion report will note the completion of the new issues.

my 2 cents.
Rob Bodkin
Freestone Partners

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Bruce:

I'd make a call to your local area HOC...

I have been told NOT to revise VC sheets on reinspection: document stands as was at original. Subsequent problems (or those caused by substandard repairs are to be indicated on "that other form #" --escaping me at present :oops: .

Do it whatever way doesn't get you shot by the folks you deal with :roll: .

I personally am VERY reluctant to change the original document unless I did a very bad boo boo... Changes in the house itself are not my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks