• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Vc Sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafferty

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I was just informed that HUD has changed the VC sheets. Am I the last one to know? You may see them at HUDclips.org. If I just found out about them, what about the software providers?

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
You can access the new VC sheet at http://www.HUD.gov

However, it is not to be used until HUD issues a Mortgagee Letter making it official. But do take a look at it and get familiar with it so that when it is official, you will be ready.

After you get to the appraiser's screen, look for the Valuation Condition listing (Form 92564), takes you to a screen that discusses 1999--but when you click on the form number--the new one pops up (it is 8 pages in Word Perfect form). If your software vendor doesn't have the form available by the time the mortgagee letter is issued that makes it official, you can download HUDs to your computer than make your Xs and fill in the blanks for your package.

Yes, I think I am going to like this one better. And it has VC-14 Manufactured Housing--and the check list makes sense! Although I am not too sure what Alternate Construction serial number is?? In states that require any additions to be approved by the states manufactured housing division--do they issue a serial number for the addition? And it states right on the check list that an engineering certification is required. So lenders will have to advise the home owner to have a copy available for the appraiser when the appraiser is at the property.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Originally posted by Jo Ann Meyer Stratton@Jul 21 2003, 06:43 AM
And it states right on the check list that an engineering certification is required. So lenders will have to advise the home owner to have a copy available for the appraiser when the appraiser is at the property.
:rofl:
HAVE TOO!?!?!? :rofl:

but will they? <_<
note to self:enter new standard drop down comment:
"Receipt and review of the required engineering certification"

:rolleyes: :angry: :rolleyes: :angry: :rolleyes: :angry:

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I don't like the way the HUD certification label section is worded. If you mark "Yes", it means no, there is no label. "No" means yes, there is a label.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
That is true. So if the check mark is in the no column, then there should be a label number filled in. If the yes is checked no label number and I would suggest the appraiser type something like "no HUD label observed" just to help clarify things.

One thing is missing from their check list--no place to put the serial number(s) for the unit. With the serial number, the lender can verify whether the home was constructed to HUD code or not. The Santa Ana HOC chat room had a posting last month describing how a lender could do that.

But if anyone knows what an Alternate Construction Serial number is for any additions or structural modifications--please let me know! Arizona does not have anything remotely like that. In my area where we don't even have building permits, there wouldn't even be a building permit and no inspections by any government official.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Regular appraisal....$350. FHA appraisal $1,000. Should solve doing those pesty VC sheets! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
IF THE utilities are off, then you are required to mark all "YES" which is a lie on 1/2 of them.

Smell, noise, etc.

No wonder we had 911

caustic ed in arkansas

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
Laffferty, you're not the last appraiser to know. I just went to HUDCLIPS and can't find the stupid form so I haven't seen it yet. I hate the HUD site I can never find anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
http://www.HUD.gov

arrow down on the left side to appraisers

arrow down on the right side to Mortgagee Letters, handbooks, forms

Click on VC sheets

Read all about the 1999 announcement, click on the form number in the middle of the 1999 announcement and the new one pops up!

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
JO ANN,

THATS in Arkansas language, you have to translate for them Jaybirds.

Good to hear that You Martins are still alive.

Arkie ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks