• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Visitor this weekend. Weather is getting very poor for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
We have a new visitor to the Back Porch Cafe. The little guy/gal is as bold as any bird we have had around. S/he is a "Red Breasted Nut Hatch". This morning s/he jumped into my sun flower seed bucket while I was putting out my "woodland mix" It appears to have no fear of us, getting as close as a foot away.

Weather is going to the groundhogs, freezing mist this morning, turning to freezing rain today, with snow tonight. Then between now and Wed, they are forecasting more freezing rain on tuesday and 12 more inches of snow by Wed evening.

I have not see a winter like this since the 80's in the high country of Co. where it snowed for 90 stright days and it took our D-8, 955 Loader and our six wheel drive maintainer to keep the ranch roads open and the forest service road open to the state hiway.

Time to go to Tucson for the rest of the winter???

What it doing in your area?

stefan olafson

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Dakota
Ray,

First measurable snow since late December here in NE North Dakota. Just survived a miserable week with highs between 0 & 10 below and lows of 25 to 28 below with wind chills at or near 50 below! Not fit for anyone out there!

Frederick

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Weather is going to the groundhogs,

A volunteer fire company around here is having a fundraising dinner featuring Groundhog Sausage. That's a new one on me. Muskrat Stew and Oyster with Ham is pretty common fundraiser for fire companies around here but I have never heard of Groundhog Sausage.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
It was 72 yesterday and the kids and I noticed the bradford pears and swamp maples have 4-5 inches of red growth and buds on every limb.

Don't go to Tuscon, come to Myrtle Beach!!

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Larry, stay out of this conversation.......it is only for those who must suffer the pains and frustrations of winter. Bragging about nice weather in this thread could get you a cold shoulder:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
State
South Carolina
Larry, stay out of this conversation.......it is only for those who must suffer the pains and frustrations of winter. Bragging about nice weather in this thread could get you a cold shoulder:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

If it makes you feel any better, after last year's draught, only rained 6 times last year....it has reained every day for the past 2 or 3 weeks, it seems, and my whole farm is a mud bog.

The pond is up, though.

Wendy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I better not mention the temps here.....but I will tell you that it is shorts and t-shirts on the beach!

Ray,
How about some pictures of the feeder fiends you've got?

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I better not mention the temps here.....but I will tell you that it is shorts and t-shirts on the beach!

Ray,
How about some pictures of the feeder fiends you've got?

If I can get the picture machine up out of my office, I will try and get some picks.

Right now they are in there snow dance jig. The weather has changed again and it appears to be snowing an inch an hour. We are now about 12 hours in front of the weather forecast for the day. So it appears we could get 24 inches by Wed. Now put that on top of the 19 inches that is left. Running out of room to plow the drives ways around the home and out to the barn.

All roads at the ranch are now closed except for the long driveway coming in.

This is going to be a winter for the record books.

Who are those fools :rof: that keep talking about 70 degrees above 0 and what beaches? :shrug: Fifty below wind chill here last week with 25 below non-wind chill.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
I heard a report today that one of our mountain towns (Frisco) has run out of room to put all the snow. We need it....I just wish it was cold enough for a long, long spell so we can get rid of the bark beetle epidemic.

Unfortunately....it has not been.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Shorts and T-shirt weather here, baby. A heat wave at 68 degrees! (Topeka, KS)

Hey Ray, sure would like to see a picture of that nuthatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks