• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New work for appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRQCUB

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Found this on craigslist, WOW, I mean, WOW what an opportunity.

Date: 2008-11-11, 7:25AM EST

LOOKING FOR EITHER A JUNIOR APPRAISER OR SOMEONE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN DOING BPO'S FOR BANK OWNED PROPERTIES. PLEASE SEND ME A RESUME DETAILING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND FROM THERE I WILL SET UP APPTS. THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION. PLEASE BE SURE ALL YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION IS IN YOUR RESUME. NEED TO HIRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
  • Compensation: $10-15 HOURLY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE.
I mean REALLY WOW, so now the realtors er.... I mean REALTORS, are pawning off BPO work. Getting $50-$75 a pop and paying $10-$15 an hour, where is tis biz going?

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
That's Hilarious!!! But to the OP, we need to get someone to investigate operations like this and shut them down, before they cause to much damage. It seems like the BPO market is ripe for violations. Everyone knows the agents don't actually do the BPOs they are signing, but no one cares. It is a valuation not an appraisal???. BTW the person accepting this job will probably end up making more money than appraisers working for AMCs.....

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
[*]Compensation: $10-15 HOURLY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE.[/LIST]
I mean REALLY WOW, so now the realtors er.... I mean REALTORS, are pawning off BPO work. Getting $50-$75 a pop and paying $10-$15 an hour, where is tis biz going?

Don't laugh. $15/hr isn't bad. Countrywide only paid $12/hr for a review appraiser and that was in 2006.

Kathleen Bryce

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Sorry but a BPO is a non USPAP compliant valuation product and you are treading a slippery slope completing them. And if you are NOT a realtor I think you have little defense against the USPAP police if you complete BPO's.

Don't do them. You can work at McDonalds for that wage.

Vegan702

Professional Status
State
Nevada
McD's pays $15hr? Where? I know In-N-Out pays about $10 but you get bennies. :D

Jonathan C

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Mickey D's, huh? Sounds great! Do employees get a discount on meals, too??? Holy cow.........Lord knows I have plenty of time between appraisals.

Do you want fries wit dat?:laugh:

SRQCUB

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
played devils advocate on this one, "they" are looking for BPO's on properties they have listed by fannie mae, mainly the realtors are to busy to perform this work due to the volume of listings they are getting from fannie mae. Supposdly the fannie mae BPO form, (?) is very comprehensive (?) and time consuming. Thereby needing to have someone to do this particular funtion.

Maybe Fannie isn't so dumb after all, the last thing they want is a report detailing (in appraiser lingo) the properties condition, ohh hell a report based on USPAP.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina

LOOKING FOR EITHER A JUNIOR APPRAISER OR SOMEONE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN DOING BPO'S FOR BANK OWNED PROPERTIES. PLEASE SEND ME A RESUME DETAILING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND FROM THERE I WILL SET UP APPTS. THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION. PLEASE BE SURE ALL YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION IS IN YOUR RESUME. NEED TO HIRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Forward this to the FREAB!

jturner01

Professional Status
State
Florida

I saw on Craigslist last week they are also hiring people to go out and take pictures of the properties. I will post it here if I can find it.:Eyecrazy:

I was not able to find it she must have removed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks