• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New York State Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeB

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
My license expires in late October. September 8th I called the Dept. of State to change the address of my residence, and business. Please fill out form 1473f. Both for your residence change of address and business change of address. Total fee $20. Sir you can not renew your license until the address change takes effect. Okay, How long will that take. 6 weeks!! But my license expires before 6 weeks. To bad for you.. I will be out of business for at least 1 month or more because of an address change. Do they care? No. New York State sucks!

If i renew with the old address, I may not receive the license because it will be sent to the old address.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
If you don't receive your license, call the state and ask for a duplicate.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
did you do forwarding service from your old address? Any mail delivered there should be forwarded to your new address for up to 1 yr. I'd renew with the old address and wait for your license to come, then fill out that fugazi form and get it all changed.

JoeB

Professional Status
State
New York
I was in an apartment and the mail there was not to be trusted. The mail person will just shove it in the box and it will eventually be thrown out. The Department of State will not allow me to pay my dues for a new license until they change the address so the only duplicate I can get is the one that is expiring! It is ridiculous that a simple change of address will cost me to loose income and maybe a client? Do I dare say who is running our New York Government!!
I thought 7 weeks was plenty of time to renew, I guess it is not!

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
Hey!

You don't want government workers working too hard or too fast.

It'll raise the standard and keep people out of government jobs.

If you don't get your certs, drive to Albany, apply for a copy of your certs. Wait for the copy, then submit your change of address to them in person.

A PIA but faster than trying to not do it in person.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
My business name or business address is different?
No, you cannot renew on-line if the business name or business address is different than the information contained in the on-line renewal system.
If your business name or business address has changed, use the renewal notice you received in the mail, and follow the instructions for business name/business address change, or contact the Division of Licensing Services Customer Service Representatives at (518) 474-4429, for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How long will it take to get my renewed license?

Please allow at least 2-4 weeks to receive your new license by mail. Due to variations in mailing time, some orders may take a little longer.

If you do not receive your new license, you may contact the Division of Licensing Services Customer Service at (518) 474-4429. You will be asked to provide your cash number when you call.

What are the hours to renew online?
On-line renewal is normally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most renewals will be processed immediately.

My license has already expired, (or is expiring very soon) Can I renew online?

If your license has expired, or is expiring very soon, you may use on-line renewal. However, while a processed on-line renewal will cause your Division of Licensing Services record to be updated, you will have to allow 2-4 weeks for your new license to arrive in the mail.

We suggest you print the confirmation page, which will serve as proof that your renewal was submitted and is in process.

http://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/re_appraiser/re_appraiser_renew_faq.html#time

Last edited:

JoeB

Professional Status
State
New York
Change of address: up to 6 weeks.. told to me by the agent.

How long will it take to get my renewed license?
Please allow at least 2-4 weeks to receive your new license by mail. Due to variations in mailing time, some orders may take a little longer.

then renewal 2 to 4 weeks!!

JoeB

Professional Status
State
New York
Now that i have just received notice of a canceled check, I returned to the NYS Division of licensing to learn they have changed my address in their system..YAY!
Next I went to renew my license on line...SORRY YOU CAN NOT RENEW ONLINE WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS. Why did they not tell me this when i was working to get my address changed. The representative told me i could renew online once my address was changed. NO.. I have to now mail in my renewal form. No online or phone renewal.
New York State does not care about you! They do not care if you can not work because of their ridiculous protocol, taking up to 2 months to issue a license. They are half asses backwards. Now I will be waiting for them to receive my renewal form, process the paperwork, and mail out my new license. Starting almost 2 months before renewal is not enough time when you have an address change. No wonder why everyone is leaving New York. Andrew..you suck too!

JoeB

Professional Status
State
New York
I filed a complaint with the Division of Licensing, by email. They replied they will get back to me. Not holding my breathe. Its been 3 days since their response.. I ended up mailing the application to Albany. We will see how long it takes to process. All i can say is if you have a change of address, you better renew 4 months+ in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks