• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Newbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

viv zhou

Freshman Member
Hi, everybody. I am viv. Recently, I have been thinking of become an appraiser in Pennsylvania and have no clue how and where should I start. Experts, please give some advise.

Thanks in advance

Wally Jones

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hi, Viv. Welcome to the Forum!

The first place to start might be to go to the Home page of this Forum, find the Newbie/Wannabe section and click on the FAQ/Knowledge Base post at the top of that section. Then, read all of the posts in the Newbie section. Then, contact your state's appraisal board for their requirements on what it takes to get started. Keep reading the posts here. Keep asking questions.

Best of luck to you.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Welcome to our forum. Good advice above, read, read, read. Step one, attend a good prelicense course in your area.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Viv,
Where in Pennsylvania are you located? If you are in the Philadelphia area there are plenty of good places to take appraisal courses. The Pittsburgh area is the home of several national appraisal management companies. The rest of the state is different and you may have to travel for education and training.

viv zhou

Freshman Member
Hi, Walter:

Thank you very much for the info. I live in the Philadelphia area. Can you recommend a few good course? I have been reading the threads in the Newbie/Wannabe section and realize that maybe the most difficult part of the journey is to find somebody to be the advisor.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Viv,
Hi. neighbor, I'm located in Audubon, N.J. just across the bridge from Philadelphia. You are in luck, the Philadelphia metro chapter of the Appraisal Institute sponsors lots of courses, the New Jersey chapters also have plenty of educational opportunities. Check the Institute web site for courses. You can also check with several community colleges on both sides of the bridge for intro courses sponsored by the Institute or NAIFA. Enjoy the classes and make the contacts that you will need to be a good appraiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks