• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Newest Line From a Desperate Lender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
THEM:
"We really need you, personally, to do this appraisal; you come very highly recommended. Also, you're the only appraiser in your county approved to work for this secondary lender, because you are a level two. Is it a problem to collect $150 at the door and we'll send you the other $150 upon closing" ????????????? :roll:

ME:
Yes, it's a problem.

THEM:
O.K., thanks, bye !

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
:rofl:
Musta really been in a BIG pinch. :roll: On to their level 1 appraiser. :? Wonder what that means...... I gotts a good idea. :wink:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
What is a level one and a level two appraiser??? One does the upstairs and one does the downstairs?

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
What is a level one and a level two appraiser??? One does the upstairs and one does the downstairs?

A Level two appraiser must be DUMB and a Level one appraiser must be DUMBER. :evil:

Tawfik Ahdab

Professional Status
State
Oregon
As a Level 3 appraiser, that puts me in the basement altogether. I must be DUMBERER!

And by the way, I object to being characterized as a newbie, with the quarter or half star rating, or whatever.

Despite my jocose slef-descibed location at the bottom, I am not at all a newbie to this forum, but more properly re-arisen, like the proverbial phoenix!

Cheers!

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I will claim to be smart....at least I am being sued by a guy who claims he was told what I appraised his place for a week before the bank asked me to appraise it and two weeks before it was dated. Did I see the future, or do I have some time travel capacity that I can teleport back 2 weeks and relay this information which he "justifiably relied upon"? Then I used telepathy to transmit the information, because he admits that he has never met me (and he cannot remember the name of the Bank employee he claims told him my appraised value)....ya ever hear of second hand hearsay, bud?

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Welcome back Tawfik!! You definetly are not a newbie! I have missed your comments from the old forum. But you know computers, they only count since the new forum started about a year ago--so it is the computer that thinks you are a newbie--not the old time posters.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Tawfig.....perhaps Wayne has some sort of "over-ride". I faced the same thing, had to build back up when the forum changed. Won't take you too long. In any event, welcome back, we missed you!

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
I am not at all a newbie to this forum, but more properly re-arisen, like the proverbial phoenix!
Cheers!

Tawfik......Didn't anyone tell you about the "Cost to Cure" ?
a/k/a The fee to add a few hundred posts to your name ?
:lol: (kidding, of course) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks