• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Newspaper article ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
While working on my Newsletter idea and getting my spread sheets set up to analyze marketing data I sent some samples out some people. A couple are after me to write a month column for out local newspaper(s). I was luke warm on the idea but I like writing. I am not good at it but I like it.

So I am tossing the idea of approaching the paper(s) about this. My biggest concern is just coming up with enough subjects to write about. I have come up with a list of some things and would love some other idea.

So far in just a short time I came up with these:

Does my house need to be cleaned? Address what an appraiser is looking for/at. I guess all appraisers get told the house is not clean and they need to clean before we come.

What do you think it's worth? Address the appraisal process and why we don't know as soon as we are finished with our look-see.

Appraiser Privacy rules

Cost does not equal value. (need I say more?)

Over improvements and super adequacy's.

As a Home Inspector:
Common problems I find in inspections

Tips for the buyer on how to look at a house.

I am sure there are other that I have not thought of. What say ye?

David Riggs

Sophomore Member
Seems to me that you could follow up on all the reasons a person would order an appraisal. How about we just list them:

Basics of an appraisal-part 1 through 10
Facts about estate issues
pmi removal--what is it, how to remove it
mortage basics-just review them
investment topics, huge amout of possibilies here. Flip vs buy hold and renting vs residential vs commerical ect..
lending pressure on appraisals and other stuff
What is Fannie mae, HUD, FHA, how does that affect appraisals
basics of commerical appraisals---
what is the income approach
current events on real estate and appraisal stuff
real estate and appraisal jokes
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks