• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Next Big Idea, Positive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
In California we have a CAR form (purchase agreement) that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
I would think a Realtor or legal professional could be hired for a flat fee to handle the purchase agreement.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Most lenders have some sort of a generic purchase agreement and there is no need for an agent most of the time. The buyer could get a copy of the purchase agreement when they get pre-qualified. A buyer or seller could also Google a purchase agreement and find one on the internet too. No need for an agent any more.

Darrel Clark

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Utah
JH, I like your idea. Let us know if it gets going! :clapping:

JTRock

Professional Status
State
Texas
(Most lenders have some sort of a generic purchase agreement and there is no need for an agent most of the time. The buyer could get a copy of the purchase agreement when they get pre-qualified. A buyer or seller could also Google a purchase agreement and find one on the internet too. No need for an agent any more.)

It is clear to me that someone on this thread does not know what they are talking about. Being both an appraiser and realtor (not selling at this time) I know the importance and value of a realtor. There are some people that have the perspective that a realtor just lists the house and writes up the contract. Unfortunately thats not the way it works. There is a reason why a 3-6% comission is paid and its not just for writing up a contract. There are so many details that go into the process of purchasing/selling a home not to mention the time involved. The proof is in the pudding as they say and that is why most fsbos end up going with a realtor. Yes even the ones in the fsbo magazine. The owners of FSBO magazine in my area have realtors on their team so even some of the homeowners that engage in using FSBO magazine to sell their property end up going with a realtor.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
(Most lenders have some sort of a generic purchase agreement and there is no need for an agent most of the time. The buyer could get a copy of the purchase agreement when they get pre-qualified. A buyer or seller could also Google a purchase agreement and find one on the internet too. No need for an agent any more.)

It is clear to me that someone on this thread does not know what they are talking about. Being both an appraiser and realtor (not selling at this time) I know the importance and value of a realtor. There are some people that have the perspective that a realtor just lists the house and writes up the contract. Unfortunately thats not the way it works. There is a reason why a 3-6% comission is paid and its not just for writing up a contract. There are so many details that go into the process of purchasing/selling a home not to mention the time involved. The proof is in the pudding as they say and that is why most fsbos end up going with a realtor. Yes even the ones in the fsbo magazine. The owners of FSBO magazine in my area have realtors on their team so even some of the homeowners that engage in using FSBO magazine to sell their property end up going with a realtor.

I know exactly what I am talking about. I used to be a sales agent too. Why would I want to pay someone $18,000 to sell my house when I can sell it myself. I can run adds in the paper, FSBO magazines, fill out the contract, use the title company that the bank recommends. Sounds kind of dumb to me and not a good business decission to pay $18,000 when I can do it for around $1,000.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
I know exactly what I am talking about. I used to be a sales agent too. Why would I want to pay someone $18,000 to sell my house when I can sell it myself. I can run adds in the paper, FSBO magazines, fill out the contract, use the title company that the bank recommends. Sounds kind of dumb to me and not a good business decission to pay $18,000 when I can do it for around $1,000.

Most folks do not know how to screen those individuals who are "interested" in looking at their home. You have the sales background, so you know what to look for, that can't be said of most home sellers.

CURT VAN HOOSER

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
rsw who is being negative? There are some of us that are simply supporting the profession of real estate sales. No one is being negative but simply being realistic.

typical buyer I personally would rather deal with experienced agents, besides the seller is paying all the commissions. Most sellers are not salesman. Yes the typical buyer who does not have expertise/knowledge in the real estate field should always consult and be represented by a realtor. I hope no one on here assumes that real estate sales is easy and the typical buyer/seller can do it on their own.

Positive: Great idea Jeremy. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!!

Negative: It's not going to work 'cause everyone sucks...:(

CURT VAN HOOSER

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California

You guy's are killin' me this morning. Oh my god! My ribs are hurtin'!!

I need a realtor to sell my house:rof::rof::rof:

JTRock

Professional Status
State
Texas
RSW- People on this forum are the exception. Please keep that in mind. It is an insult to realtors when people assume it can easily be done by the typical person regardless if there is technology available.

(Most folks do not know how to screen those individuals who are "interested" in looking at their home. You have the sales background, so you know what to look for, that can't be said of most home sellers.)

Thanks for a realistic reply Donna. That is only the tip of the iceberg as to why it is a wise decision to have a realtor represent you.

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Idea :icon_idea::icon_idea::icon_idea::icon_idea: What about a class for future FSBO owners. Teach them the basics of selling their home, paperwork, title companies, prequalifying buyers, advertising, house staging, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks