• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Next door stole my tenant

Fernando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I can't be too picky. They're paying about twice as much rent at the other place. When move into my place, should save them lot of money.
One down, another to rent and another if that tenant would move out without being evicted.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I can't be too picky. They're paying about twice as much rent at the other place. When move into my place, should save them lot of money.
One down, another to rent and another if that tenant would move out without being evicted.
the joys of being a modern day land Baron. :giggle:

Last edited:

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
The new tenants like the place. His credit not that good because of not paying student loans. Need to check his credit report for more details.
They have a smaller place in city but I get this feeling they may dump the other place for not paying rent and check into my place.
Fernando right now a lot of bailing from one site to another , I know we had three inquiries last week on the one strip center and all said they were moving out if their current space into something more affordable. We have been in this Rodeo for many years and know a dirt bag when we see one, and often they drive the best cars and look like a million dollars. We also quit doing any long term leases, because its almost impossible to do an-eviction right now and a long term lease is of no advantage to us. ** ALSO nobody talking about it but the new plan in the Covid-19 Stimulates that passed the house. It has a 12 month moratorium on rents and mortgages and would be Nationwide. And our Govenor is talking about similar plans. We are offering 20% discounts on month to month versus leases. I don't know how that will work- so far almost nobody is looking at commercial space , but we do not want to fill the two restaurant sites with food service, California appears to be going into a longer period of no indoor dining and unless you have a drive through the owners cannot make it, and if the new bills being pushed pass, we are totally screwed.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Fernando right now a lot of bailing from one site to another , I know we had three inquiries last week on the one strip center and all said they were moving out if their current space into something more affordable. We have been in this Rodeo for many years and know a dirt bag when we see one, and often they drive the best cars and look like a million dollars. We also quit doing any long term leases, because its almost impossible to do an-eviction right now and a long term lease is of no advantage to us. ** ALSO nobody talking about it but the new plan in the Covid-19 Stimulates that passed the house. It has a 12 month moratorium on rents and mortgages and would be Nationwide. And our Govenor is talking about similar plans. We are offering 20% discounts on month to month versus leases. I don't know how that will work- so far almost nobody is looking at commercial space , but we do not want to fill the two restaurant sites with food service, California appears to be going into a longer period of no indoor dining and unless you have a drive through the owners cannot make it, and if the new bills being pushed pass, we are totally screwed.
-----------
Having worked in the restaurant business for about 100 years, I'm intimately familiar with the daily operational costs; and it's extremely difficult to make a buck even if open and busy 6 days a week for lunch and dinner. And friends of mine who are Infection Prevention RN's in Riverside County are citing the next phase of the Pandemic that will begin in November. This November. Yep.

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
The tenant wants a long term lease so I gave 5 year fixed and a 5 year option 3% increase. They want another 5 year option.
I said negotiable for 2nd 5 year option. Why do they want a 2nd 5 year option when its negotiable?

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
I got a delinquent notice regarding a tenant not paying their garbage fee and a lien will be put on my property. I called the trash company and said my parcel number was given by the city.
I checked at the address and its next door and parcel number off by 1 digit. Called city and recording. Left a message. So sent email Taking up lot of my time.
Why couldn't someone pay their garbage bill. It's only a measly $130? Stupid tenant causing so much problems.
My vacant property has been a problem this year.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks