• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

NEZH Certificates in the City of Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Durham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I'm working on a house in the Boston Edison District. Public records from the city website has two different parcel id's and legal descriptions. Each legal description references the other parcel id number. Both reference the same lot.

I'm assuming one of the parcel numbers indicates it is receiving the tax break, is this correct?

I'm planning on putting both id's and legals in the report, is this correct?

I have a call in to the city but any insight on the way the different id numbers and legal descriptions break down would be appreciated.

lizhorvath

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Parent or Child parcels after split?
What is an NEZH Certificate?

Narkissos

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Neighborhood Enterprise Zone - Historic

David, you are correct. The additional legal usually states the time remaining and the rate at which the property is tax.

i.e. Certificate No. Beginning December 30, 1999 And Ending December 30, 2011 Taxes Spread At 1/2 The Average State Wide Millage Rate In Accordance Act 14 1992 -zzz-xx-xxxx-zzz For Land Value

David Durham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Thanks for link.

My legals are a little different then your example.

#1)

I.D. 0800XXXX
N CHICAGO BLVD 3XX BOSTON BOULEVARD SUB L29 P23 PLATS, W C R 8/130 50 X 167.50 NEZH CERT #2006-1571, NEZ PARCEL #2706XXXX.

#2)

I.D. 2706XXXX
N CHICAGO BLVD 3XX BOSTON BOULEVARD SUB L29 P23 PLATS, W C R 8/130 50 X 167.50 NEZH CERT #2006-1571, AD VALOREM PARCEL #0800XXXX

Charley Horse

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Here is a link of the historical zones in Detroit.http://www.cityscapedetroit.org/Detroit_neighborhoods.html

Wow... does that link bring back memories... in it's day, Detroit was an awesome city... as a youngster, I lived in the Oakman/Grand River area... use to ride my bicycle down to Olympia to catch a glimpse of the hockey players coming and going into the arena ... on the way home, I'd always stopped for a Saunders hot fudge sundae across from the Beverly Theater... those were the days!

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Yeah not quite like that anymore, now you have to go down early to avoid trouble...trouble being from a bunch of different sources.

davetheappraizer

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
David,
I have a identical situation.
What did you end up doing and how did it turn out?
Do I include both IDs and Legals, or what?
Thanks!

Narkissos

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Dave,

Yes you include both parcel id#'s, legals... Do some research and find out the length of the abatement, the rate.....

You will need to verify the status of the comparables considered, the impact the abatement has if any....

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/finaccessors/nez.htm

What zone is the subject property located in??

I perform appraisals in many of the historical districts of Detroit on a regular basis.

Last edited:

davetheappraizer

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
The property is south of Joy and east of Schaefer.
It's also been foreclosed, it's an REO appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks