• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Nice reviewer for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
Just got to compliment this fellow. Got a call on an appraisal I had just emailed in. Fellow identified himself and stated he was in the review department and had some questions on my appriasal. Tone was a typo where I left out some data :oops:

But there were 2 or 3 items he wanted to get some info on. He was nice and professional. For example why I had a 2 story house and used Ranch comps. Something I take for granted here. But he had searched Realtor.com and saw the the market was 90% Ranch and just wanted to confirm it. Had a couple of other questions that he allready was pretty sure of the answer but again just wanted to confirm it.

First time in a long time I have had a reviewer call me. It was a nice change over the tacky faxes asking me to address issues in the appraisal. I wish more would take the time to call and discuss the appraisal. It helped see it from his eyes!

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
He's probably happy to see a decent appraisal. So much of the stuff I see doesn't even warrant being called an appraisal it's so bad. That or there's the big PUSH for value. I would not even want to talk to the appraiser in a case like that. Just sharpen up the knives and start cutting. Not that I like to do that, it's a lot easier to review something done right, and agree with it! But, dreck comes my way. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks