• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Nights And Weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Chilcoat

Freshman Member
I was considering the part time option, and I wanted to get some more input on the subject...

Currently, I am working Mon-Fri and I don't get home until 6:00 in the evening.
Is it realistic to think that I could work as a trainee for someone after I get home each day and on the weekend?

What are my chances of finding a mentor willing to work after 6:30pm Mon-Friday and on Saturdays?

Frank Lostracco

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
This will be really tough if not impossible. I do it part time, but I get off of my day job at 3:00 P.M...Plenty of time to do an inspection or two (in the summer) and stop in at the office to pick up files, jobs, discuss things and return messages. You could do inspections on Saturday, but I think you will need to be available also during the week at some point.
Good Luck,
Frank

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
You couldn't work for me because I sleep nights and fish on the weekends! :rofl:

Tom Foster

Professional Status
State
California
This could work out for ya,

I have a big list of part timers that I use for all kind of things. I had a single mother of 3 that would type up a URAR atfter work at her place for 10 bucks, photos and sketch to boot !!!!!

I knew a big fat, bald, tough guy. I would bring him with me as a body guard to the bad areas. When ever I had to do units he carried a pocket knife. He still owes me a few bucks for the time paid for all that beer at lunch. When things get real slow, I won't be able to afford his services, so I gotta start bringing the pistol with me. - No permit - So I face jail if the "man" finds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks