• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

No Beans, Just Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunch Hardtack

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Well, OK, maybe you can still get beans, but..........

Link: http://standeyo.com/NEWS/08_Food_Water/080721.Mountain.House.html

Excerpt: Unprecedented Demand Cleans Out Major Storable Food Supplier Through 2009

This information was learned by a Mountain House dealer who shared it with me this morning. In personally talking with the company immediately after, Mountain House verified the information is true. Customer service stated, "I'm surprised they don't have this posted on the website yet." She said they have such a backlog of orders, Mountain House will not be taking any #10 can food requests through the remainder of this year and all of the next.

Apparently, the military has been cleaning them out...are we going to hit Iran next?

Last edited:

LA Woman

Professional Status
State
California
Mountain Foods has been backlogged on shipping orders for awhile now. I originally thought it was just a sign of the uncertain times and that people were being proactive.

But the word that the Military is the reason for them being cleaned out, is something to ponder.

So now, even if you have paper money, gold money, you cant buy this food. This is something that these websites have been warning against for a while now. This is also something to ponder.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Allen Canning plant has a thrift store nearby. So does McKee Baking (Little Debbies). I can get loaded on beans, beets, and sugary treats...what a buzz...

BTW, I still have a barn with a stanchion, so does anyone have a Jersey milk cow they'd like to sell?? Maybe a milk goat. [BTW - the local Hispanics will stand in line to buy fresh whole milk no matter that the Health Dept frowns on it.]

Crunch Hardtack

Professional Status
State
Ohio
But the word that the Military is the reason for them being cleaned out, is something to ponder.

I agree LA Woman and thanks for the PM.........alternative news and info sites can be a good source of info if that info is properly filtered.

moh malekpour

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Beans and Ammo have something in common and that is why they usually come together. Does anyone know what is that commonality?

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
They both shoot...Quick buy some.................

moh malekpour

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
You guys are smart. Answers from Greg and Wendy are correct. Another commonality is that both make noise and make people around you run awy from you when the are released after they are used.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Both are weapons of *** destruction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks