• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

No water meter

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
This thread has gone off the rails- No wonder everyone hates appraisers and this is not a USPAP issue. I do not need permission from the lender to correct an-error or if I missed something during my inspection. NO DIFFERENT than completing a report and sending it in and after delivering it- you discover you missed or forgot something or made a big mistake. There have been more than a few times over the years when I discovered something after the physical inspection or a Realtor or HO pointed out something. I had one last year where I missed a 1/2 bath in a 6 bathroom house, it was in a small area with the door shut and I thought it was a closet. A week later the buyers Realtor called me and told me her buyer had received a copy of the appraisal and it was missing a 1/2 bath and that it also did not show on my sketch. I was like are you sure and she says yes, I am like wow can you let me in the house I need to take a photo correct my appraisal. Anyway I go back out and sure enough I had screwed up. I then corrected my report and redelivered to lender with note explaining that it was revised due to my error.

To the OP: Just ignore the fear mongers and get in your car-truck-electric scooter-pack mule and just go take the photo and be done - Then come back to the forum and tell the cry baby's that you now have a 110% bullet proof USPAP compliant report that even a MAI wold be proud of :)

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
how long have you been appraising?

Mr Rex can be cranky sometimes and imo he was over the top on this one, but he has a depth of knowledge and field experience, what do you have that entitles you to such an arrogant stance?
How do you know MR REX has a depth of knowledge and field experience ? Have you done a peer review on his work because sometimes his depth of knowledge is about 6" inches deep and just BS.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
How do you know MR REX has a depth of knowledge and field experience ? Have you done a peer review on his work because sometimes his depth of knowledge is about 6" inches deep and just BS.
My judgement from his posts, response to questions about FHA and home inspection knowledge. His personality is another matter ! (as is any of ours lol )

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
My judgement from his posts, response to questions about FHA and home inspection knowledge. His personality is another matter ! (as is any of ours lol )
OK I actually agree with you :)

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
i doubt the lender knows about the water meter. the water meter is in now, so your report is fine. why bring it up, my bet, you will never hear from the lender. i wonder how many of the USPAP zealots here turn all new construction lights on, then check every circuit breaker. turn every hot water faucet on. new construction, the appraiser has to provide the occupancy cert & home inspection report also? just to funny, you USPAP zealots are. in the very old days i would go out the day before settlement. lot of times i would bump into the buyers who had legal yellow pages full of final completion complaints. one of my favorites now with the property done, clean, and the stove is sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. easy money.

Econobot

Professional Status
State
Colorado
i doubt the lender knows about the water meter. the water meter is in now, so your report is fine. why bring it up, my bet, you will never hear from the lender. i wonder how many of the USPAP zealots here turn all new construction lights on, then check every circuit breaker. turn every hot water faucet on. new construction, the appraiser has to provide the occupancy cert & home inspection report also? just to funny, you USPAP zealots are. in the very old days i would go out the day before settlement. lot of times i would bump into the buyers who had legal yellow pages full of final completion complaints. one of my favorites now with the property done, clean, and the stove is sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. easy money.
The certificate of occupancy plays in role in the property being legal (for occupation) in the eyes of the governing body, hence the certificate of occupancy meaning the property is safe and ready for human occupancy. This may not be the standard by which things happened in the old days but ususally if the CO has not been granted there are things like deck railings or even decks themselves missing. The lender is not going to fund a loan on a house with a visible 2 foot drop off from an exterior door because the deck hasn't been built. I've experienced this very thing, it's much easier for the appraiser to rely on the CO and not have to condition the report for the numerous incomplete amenities that in certain instances could promote a safety hazard. In my situation the owner could have barred the doors shut as they waited for a deck to be built, oddly enough the CO was conditioned on this just like my appraisal....

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks