• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

No Wonder I'm Tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Recently I've been really dragging. It seems I don't even have the ambition to go to the river with the fly rods. I have an appointment with the Sleep Clinic next week to see if they can help.

So today, I hear Judy going through the log and I asked her how many orders we have year-to-date. She told me. It was about what I thought we would have. Then I asked her where we were at year-to-date last year. Her reply was, "You really don't want to know."

When I talked her into telling me the number and did the math, I find that we are 22.3% above last years record pace!

No wonder the bottom is dragging.

Anybody else have some year-to-date percentages compared to last year?

J in Florida

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Dont even have time to do the math but we're doing as much in a month as what we would do in a busy quarter.

liznindy

Professional Status
State
Indiana
Wow, my report count is up 47% over this time last year. But, I didn't start getting really busy last year until July.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Isn't it funny that you think you are pedaling as fast as you can and the next month you have to pedal faster. :lol: The bar keeps being raised.

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
And everytime it looks like it is slowing slightly, I get a day of new orders from HELL......it's like the fax machine got shot, and its bleeding paper......Anyone know a doctor who can fix it??

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
Thanks for pointing this out Richard, now we know why we're tired. :asleep: I just did the math and calculated that we are 63% ahead of last year which I considered to be a pretty good year. I'm assuming that the percentage of cancellations would remain constant.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Egad, 70% up from 2002 (Jan-June), and last
year was busy. I know I haven't seen the
vacation house in months.

elliott

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Thanks to my trusty Palm Pilot, last year I would be in Mid-September based on volume. Hope things die so I can take off for 2 months. Make hay while the sun shines!
:D

TC

Liz South

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Up about 35% over last year.

I suggest that we charter a cruise ship, and all take a week long cruise. Wouldn't need to provide alot of entertainment as I think all of us would just sleep most of the week. At least on the cruise ship we couldn't be harassed by fax, cell or e-mail (requirement would be to leave all of that equipment at home for the week).

Any other cruisers here?

Liz S.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Last year was bigger for me. But between taking a family vacation and the 4th, I did just get back from a 2 week vacation. :) That will put a dent in the cash flow, but more keeps coming in. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks