• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Non Lender Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori Horn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
What form are appraisers using for non lender work? A typical Single Family .

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I don't know about ClickForms - there are several useful options - in a la mode, the Appraisal Institute's form is pretty good, and the one I use most often. Total has a whole menu of general purpose forms that are OK.

The caveat - be sure to not use the Fannie/Freddy certifications, value definition and limiting conditions: you'll need to find from other source or develop them on your own. And you'll want to know enough about the assignment to bring an appropriate scope of work and value definition to the task.

hastalavista

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Hey, Lori-

I use the AI form. :)

A little clunky the first few times, but (IMO) a much better presentation (and enough space on the "form" to write what is necessary rather than kicking into the addendum).

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
^^^ Wut he said.

I don't use that particular form but the form I have been using for the last 10 years has a lot of similarities in general structure, format and layout. It looks like more pages, but once you consider the fact that you usually won't have to add any written addenda - of any type - it's actually more efficient and faster to write. It's certainly easier for the readers to read and understand which is really the main reason you'd want to use it.

The URAR is the equivalent of a rusted-out Yugo that has been overloaded with 3,000# of plastic doohickeys from the accessory aisle at Wal-Mart, whereas the AI format is a truck that was designed and built to carry the weight without any add-ons.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Residential Non Lender Form

NL-Residential 5/2007 + Cert 1/2/3+ App Compliance + your extras

Peter LeQuire

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Tennessee
The AI forms have the advantage that the site analysis and the three approaches are each on one page: the report page for each approach not developed can be omitted from the report.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
What form are appraisers using for non lender work?
What @JTip said, but some of us write narrative for everything. I think it looks more professional, it doesn't take much, if any longer, to write, and is very flexible. Certs are biggest issue & I prefer to use IRS definition for (fair) market value. Like software there is a learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks