• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Not allowed to inspect the comps

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
When I know my comps will be in a gated community I will find any active listing I can in that subdivision and schedule a "showing". Our MLS/CSS Showtime makes things so much easier now. Any subscriber can self-schedule online and choose either appraisal or photos as an option. Once I get past the gate I ditch the actives and go straight to the comp sales that I need. Haven't been denied yet unless of course when there are no active listings in the subdivision.
Here's a tip. When you go to a gated community (not one with a security guard), check out the MLS. Some listings actually gives you the code to get into the complex.
It's our secret.

S is for spittman

Professional Status
State
Texas
Here's a tip. When you go to a gated community (not one with a security guard), check out the MLS. Some listings actually gives you the code to get into the complex.
It's our secret.

That's basically the same thing I said. Lol. But agents here don't put the code right on the listing. We have to schedule an appraisal or photo appointment in MLS in order to reveal the code.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I wonder what security tells the assessor.

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
That's basically the same thing I said. Lol. But agents here don't put the code right on the listing. We have to schedule an appraisal or photo appointment in MLS in order to reveal the code.
Yes we think similarly except I'm saying you can scan some listings and you can see the code and you don't need to do any scheduling.
Agents shouldn't be doing this but some do and I'm grateful.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
613njXPQhCL._AC_SS130_.jpg
DRONE TIME

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
613njXPQhCL._AC_SS130_.jpg
DRONE TIME
That's technology to think about but what about privacy?
If you think taking comp photos get yelled at, I can imagine the anger when someone see's a drone flying near their house.
I don't see that many drones.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
once, i tried to get into a 'gated' community, and the security guard wouldn't let me in, now mind you, it is mid day, conducting lawful business, and told him he could hold onto my license while taking a one minute picture job. nope, the wanna be gestapo says something like 'you might be a pyscho husband wanting to kill his ex wife'. completely false accusation. now i cant stop laughing. so dum dum sticks his arm into the car reaching for something dont know what, so grabbed his arm and tell him to get it out of the car. he jumps back and calls the police yes city police. little liberal.

:rof::rof: :rof:

Fernando

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
once, i tried to get into a 'gated' community, and the security guard wouldn't let me in, now mind you, it is mid day, conducting lawful business, and told him he could hold onto my license while taking a one minute picture job. nope, the wanna be gestapo says something like 'you might be a pyscho husband wanting to kill his ex wife'. completely false accusation. now i cant stop laughing. so dum dum sticks his arm into the car reaching for something dont know what, so grabbed his arm and tell him to get it out of the car. he jumps back and calls the police yes city police. little liberal.

:rof::rof: :rof:
Do you look like a psycho husband?

TMG

Professional Status
State
California
A little secret.....sometimes agents put gate codes in the private remarks on listings.

But usually I just use a picture of the gate, and in the photo addendum put the MLS front photo.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks