• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Notice To Homebuyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
I'm curious how the rest of the world is filling out this form. I had a discussion with some other appraisers recently and there was some disagreement. This is my way. If there is a condition, I put "Y" in the appropriate box and make a condensed comment on it. I leave the wordy stuff for the URAR and VC sheets. If there is no condition observed, I leave the Notice to Homebuyer blank other than my sig and date. Others have told me they print "No" in the problem box and "None observed" in the comment section. What I'm trying to avoid is having the Notice to Homebuyer form being one more area with too much verbage and "see attached comments" all over the place. It is intended to be a summary of the observations and I want to keep mine that way.

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
I do all of mine exactly the same way Bobby and never had a question on it yet. I try to make my statements succinct so typically what I state in the VC Sheet is repeated in the Notice to Homebuyers.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Others have told me they print "No" in the problem box and "None observed" in the comment section.
I used to do that, but lately have run into some hard nosed UW wanted the me to mark "Yes" for the termite question to match the VC sheets. That didn't make since to me, so now I just mark it as none (or leave it blank), and note "No problems noted" in the comments section. I don't think it really matters if you leave it blank or fill something in, but I fill something in so a reader doesn't think that the disclosure was glossed over or doctored.

Wally Jones

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I also only mark what's pertinent and leave the rest blank. I try to make the comments brief, but I also try to be specific when necessary just in case a lender actually passes the thing to a homeowner before closing like they're supposed to. I try to make comments match those on the VC sheet to lessen potential confusion.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I am the wordy type. So I type y if there is a problem and describe the problem. In all the other blanks I type: None observed. Appraiser is not a title examiner or or a professional enviornmentalist or engineer or land surveyor or licensed contractor/plumber/electrician/home inspector. Second to last blank I type: Home inspection by a qualified professional inspector or contractor recommended. (I know that is what it says on the printed form, but people don't read that). Last blank has: The appraiser observes visible and accessible areas only for valuation purposes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks