• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Number of NJ Appraisers after 1/1/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobie

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
According to the ASC website there are 3,313 appraisers in NJ.

That includes a lot of duplicates for people who upgraded during the current cycle (if you upgraded your old license still shows as active).

Online renewals as of yesterday are 2,159 and they're going up by about 60 per day. Unless there's a huge rush in the next ten days that works out to about 2,700-2,800 as of 1/1/08. Add in the people who renew by mail and there's really not much of a drop in numbers.

Rick Kulman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Scott:

I'm curious as to where you got the number of renewals from.

The reason I ask, Debra Miller and I were at the state board meeting yesterday on behalf of the AI Metro NJ Chapter. She asked the question. Perhaps the answer came later in the day.

I do know that as of Monday, 480+ applications were received for new licenses and upgrades. All are being processed as "segmented" so that the applicant has the ability satisfy the 2007 education requirements and if possible,to take the exam before the end of the year. 460+ of these had already been processed as of 9:30 yesterday morning. Those that weren't were received on Friday and Monday. That's darn good considering that 4 staff members were out on Monday due to funerals and jury duty, etc

NJ board members were involved in the preparation of the 2008 exam on a national basis. Two of them further indicated that they took and passed the new certified residential exam.

For the 2008 exam, grades will not be available for a while until results are analyzed.

Rick

dobie

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Scott:

I'm curious as to where you got the number of renewals from.

The reason I ask, Debra Miller and I were at the state board meeting yesterday on behalf of the AI Metro NJ Chapter. She asked the question. Perhaps the answer came later in the day.

I do know that as of Monday, 480+ applications were received for new licenses and upgrades. All are being processed as "segmented" so that the applicant has the ability satisfy the 2007 education requirements and if possible,to take the exam before the end of the year. 460+ of these had already been processed as of 9:30 yesterday morning. Those that weren't were received on Friday and Monday. That's darn good considering that 4 staff members were out on Monday due to funerals and jury duty, etc

NJ board members were involved in the preparation of the 2008 exam on a national basis. Two of them further indicated that they took and passed the new certified residential exam.

For the 2008 exam, grades will not be available for a while until results are analyzed.

Rick

Rick,

I was referring to renewals of existing licensees. Not new applicants or upgrades.

This is where the number came from:

https://newjersey.mylicense.com/

Rick Kulman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Scott:

I guess the right hand doesn't tell the left hand what's doing.

My office will add to the number tomorrow when 2 of us renew.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks