• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Nutball Stips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Wife sent up an appraisal, difficult one, odd comps. Got a STIP back. Had nothing to do with the comps, with the adjustments, etc. Nope. Wanted None instead of NA in the contract analysis section (Refi). Then they wanted No in the basement secton instead of None.

IDIOTS.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Must be trying to suck your data out of the report and into an AVM.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago for the storm windows line. I always put N/A. How many houses in florida do you figure have storm a storm sash. That wasn't good enough, she had to have "none".

Metamorphic

Professional Status
State
California
Wife sent up an appraisal, difficult one, odd comps. Got a STIP back. Had nothing to do with the comps, with the adjustments, etc. Nope. Wanted None instead of NA in the contract analysis section (Refi). Then they wanted No in the basement secton instead of None.

Well....if you REALLY wanted to be an ahole, you could argue that....... There IS, technically, a contract, so saying "None" is inaccurate. Argue that you put in NA, because while there is a contract, the contract for refinance is "Not Applicable" to the section in question.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I'd be thankful for such an easy stip to comply with. It's not asking for your to physically [email protected] out comps and it's not asking for you to remove pertinent commentary. And hey! It's not asking you to lower your fee before they pay you. What more could you want?

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Must be trying to suck your data out of the report and into an AVM.
That is exactly correct and that is why if I am every asked to make such a change, I will use the number zero instead of the letter O. The blank will say N0 instead on NO. Let their computer data mining program try to make sense of that...lol

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
AMC?

I have this theory that since AMC's cannot dump you for making value they get very picky with stips. That way, if their clients start to complain about you they can cut you off and say your work is below quality having stipulations on over X% of the files you complete.

Maybe I am paranoid. But the stip requests I get from some of these companies are insane while I will send a very similar product to a different lender and not hear a thing.

amluscombe

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Iowa
Just today, I had two reports come back I completed & sent over two weeks ago for trivial little thing like this. My partner's theory is that lenders were sitting on them, waiting because of the nationwide mess.

Mister Ed

Professional Status
State
Georgia
I am like CWD... I wish stips I get were that simple. The last few I got were a pain in the butt... considering they didnt read what I wrote on almost a full legal page of single-spaced text explaining the market (short paragraphs for easy reading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks