• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Nutrition Shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
The dentist suggested soft food and something like Ensure after they pulled a couple teeth a while back.
So I have been drinking some Ensure. Tried Boost. Store brands from Walmart, Target, Kroger.
They all seem pretty similar. Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla. Pick how many grams of protein and how many calories, 2 or 3 levels there. Maybe a diabetic choice. I think it is a lot better than eating some cheese crackers or a bag of chips or cookies. They are pretty palatable and stop the hunger for a while. A nice snack.

So, short story long. I see Amazon has entered the fray. I don't know if they have a green version. I think I will be avoiding it in any case. :ROFLMAO:

Soylent Cacao.jpg

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
State
Illinois
1 - 6 to 8 oz. container of yogurt (flavored, Greek, plain or you can make your own)
1 ripe banana
1 raw egg
Orange juice
Whole Milk
Honey

Optional ... Add a few drops of vanilla, fresh strawberries, peeled ripe peaches or other fruits of choice.
Place the yogurt, banana and raw egg in blender and blend well. Add orange juice and milk to desired consistency. Add honey to taste.

Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
Same here, Ida. Except I delete the milk and add protein powder and some kale or spinach.
You can add all the ingredients into a Ball jar (screw on top) and refrigerate 5-7 jars for the week. Each morning, dump the ingredients into a Ninja blender.
Quick -- Cheap -- Healthy.

Ida S. Romo

Professional Status
State
Illinois
The dentist suggested soft food and something like Ensure after they pulled a couple teeth a while back.
So I have been drinking some Ensure. Tried Boost. Store brands from Walmart, Target, Kroger.
They all seem pretty similar. Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla. Pick how many grams of protein and how many calories, 2 or 3 levels there. Maybe a diabetic choice. I think it is a lot better than eating some cheese crackers or a bag of chips or cookies. They are pretty palatable and stop the hunger for a while. A nice snack.

So, short story long. I see Amazon has entered the fray. I don't know if they have a green version. I think I will be avoiding it in any case. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 34546

Great snack

I utilize a potato masher on the cooked eggplant in lieu of utilizing a food processor as it destroys the seeds ... I freeze in 1 cup deli containers, defrost and serve with a Louisiana style hot sauce.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...9332?_escaped_fragment_=&_escaped_fragment_=#!

Last edited:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I use the Ensure like an instant breakfast. I Tried their high Protein version and it really sucked. Tried Boost and found it just to strong a vitamin flavor, a new off brand (Intrust) was on the shelf and $3 cheaper and was most like the Ensure, just a little off on the Flavor. Its a tolerable substitute to Ensure which I really not bad at all in the taste dept.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I use the Ensure like an instant breakfast. I Tried their high Protein version and it really sucked.

Instant is 1 of the things I like. No mixing 10 things in a blender, no cooking. Although it sounds good.
The 20 grams protein Ensure just seems to have a little texture the lower protein ones don't have.

I thought Atkins was just a diet, but saw their shakes along with the others the other day in Walmart.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
You might like Carnation Breakfast Essentials powder (formerly Carnation Instant Breakfast). There is a no sugar version available. Mix with skim milk and 150 calories, no fat, 13 grams of protein, 4 grams fiber.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
One of my favorite shakes
Get yourself a nice 11 oz glass,
add 3/4 full of ice,
add Jameson Irish Whisky
(or substitute with Buffalo Trace Bourbon)
shake it a little til chilled
Ahhhhhh....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks