• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ny Dept Of State Re Appraisal License Audits

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACKLAND27

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Has anyone been getting letters stating they a) failed to send in there CE credit info or b) failed to respond to a letter about the audit of there CE?

It seems the investigator in NYC has been a little mixed up in his record keeping lately. I received a letter stating I failed to send in my CE and that I failed to respond to the Audit inquiry. The 2nd notice was sent registered mail and was a letter that required me to respond by a date that was prior to the date the letter was issued by 4 months.

I called for a hearing and killed 1/2 a day on this BS. These folks just try and collect fines from any poor soul that they can no matter what the real facts. I am sending my CE via FedEx from now on so these cronies have to sign for it.

norapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I have never sent in my course certifications. I was told by USPAP instructor years ago you need to produce only if they audit but if you apply for your license even 1 day before completion of continuing ed they will flag you. This was happening a lot about 10 years ago so I thought they had some way of telling if you did not have it done before renewal application.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
You can use regular mail and request a signature OR priority mail; no matter what you select, there is always a tracking number now and it provides the delivery date.
Good Luck

Michael S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
I was talking to a CPA recently and he indicated that the head of their state board is a real hardass when it comes to CE. A lawyer who shared an office with him lost his CPA license because he didn't submit enough CE (thought he could get away with some attorney CE that only covered part of the required hours). I looked through their disciplinary stuff on their website and they seemed to have a few dozen people getting fined for not having enough CE whereas I don't think any appraisers have been disciplined for that in recent years. The fines ranged from about $250 to $1,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks