• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ocean View

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
So this AMC that I do business with regularly lets it slip out that the borrower thinks his property is worth two million. The address alone tells me no way because it is not oceanfront. But maybe it's got a "killer" ocean view. So during the phone inverview I ask if it has an ocean view. She say it has a great view.

Well there is a peak of the ocean through the trees but somehow I don't think the ocean will be the first thing on a buyers mind.

Last edited:
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
:rof: :rof: :rof:

Don't worry Greg, that AMC might remove that photo and your comments about that and 'fix' the appraisal for their client and borrower to be able to close the loan with no problems. Oh yeah, they put your digital signature back on that altered appraisal report after they located your digital signature in 'somebody's' digital signature database. You'll never know.....

nauthead

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
It's a view of the Dead Sea.

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
If you roll up your appraisal, stick it in a tube, and mail it to your client, you would have the dead sea scrolls.

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New Mexico
When I was a brand new apprentice one of my fellow sweat-shoppers looked at a house that was in the middle of a cemetary. It was the office for the cemetary. There was a crematorium in the kitchen. I think they gave it back and told the lender to get a commercial appraisal. The mentor tried to use it as an example of external obsolecence. I was not sure of how much of the cemetary was to be included. From what I heard, there were graves right up to the front porch.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
We used to live on Lakeview Avenue in Madison. As the street name implies, our house had a view of the lake.

In the winter.

If you stood on the roof.

It was a bungalow. :new_smile-l:

Bill_FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
I can see the ocean through those trees, whats the big deal? Oh, I like those concrete historical markers in their yard.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Cemetary for the Lake family.

Andy Taylor

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Quiet neighbors, no neighbors pets running loose, I don't see a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks