• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Off-site order entry person - Ind. Cntr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolcanoLvr

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Do any of you use an off-site, non-employee independent contractor to key punch the initial order info and some of the subject info into your appraisal software prior to actually writing the report?

I'm giving this some consideration and would like tips, etc.

Thinking $10-15 per order would be fair. Would be someone with computer knowledge, their own computer, access to the web....perhaps a stay-at-home-mom, disabled vet, etc.

I know some offices use 'report writer' people to transcribe appraiser field notes into a preliminary report, but that's more than I need.

Any advice?

Susan Klimaszewski

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
My office has never used off-site people. When my father in law was still alive he used our secretary for that purpose however I never did and still don't. It is more bothersome to me to have to check her work and see if she correctly typed things in. I would much rather write all of my report myself as that way I know it is how I wanted it. I do however use the secretary to read over my reports before sending them. She checks for typos, lost train of thoughts though long paragraphs, a possibly forgetten checkbox etc. If she can understand what I am saying then a layman (or LO) should be able to.

Dean

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Dave, i think there was a lady posting a while back who did this kind of thing.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Here you go, PM me if you want his contact info:

Dear Sir/Madam,

How are you & how is appraisal business doing?

My name is ***************, from New Delhi, India. I am working as a freelancer from home helping Appraisers with their data processing needs for the past 5 years.

I got your contact from your web site ******************/.

This is in regards to the data entry support in respect of following:-

1) Appraisal Report Data Entry -Filling out subject & comps data
using your Field Inspection Data & MLS Listings pulled.

2) Zaio Pre-Scoring of Homes using high speed internet.
3) Entering your orders into systems as etrac & Xsite or any other intranet system you might be using.
4) Helping you promote your business by maintaining Lenders Database
& emailing lenders on regular basis.
5) Any other specific data assistance.
The conditional Support is available for an expense as low as $50 a month.
The appraisal report data entry is $5 per assignment. This includes data entry for subject from field inspection notes & data entry for comps using MLS raw data. The subject & comps raw data will be emailed by you.

I am equipped with Wintotal and Clickforms. I can do neighborhood boundaries using mapquest & insert location map too. You can get a sample report done free of cost, there is no obligation. Just send me sub + comp data + your basic template that can be cloned for a new report.

Please note that i am working US timings, so i am doing night shifts for past 5 years. You get your work done in few hours, thus turn time is excellent & so is the quality. You can contact at ***************anytime for more information on above. I would love to answer any queries. Your time with this matter is much appreciated.

If you do lesser appraisal now a days, you would still find my assistance helpful because you will save at least 2 hours on preparing each report. Additionally, you will get a helping hand during rush hours.
Looking forward to speak with you,

Joe-NC

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I just got this same email from the guy in India. If anyone has any experience with him, please let us know.

bpatnaik

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Rex, would you mind sharing the contact information of this person in New Delhi. Thanks...

natalie1

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Illinois
This is how I got started in the business. I had been a stay-at-home mom for about 9 years and I was originally hired to work in the office part-time. I was taught the software and what information to put where in the reports. Then I learned how to read the comp listing sheets and to input that information, the mapping software, etc.

After working for about 6 months, I realized I was loving what I was doing and decided to take the classes myself. I passed and here I am.

You might be able to put a simple ad in your local paper. I know that SAHM's are always looking to make extra income.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Rex, would you mind sharing the contact information of this person in New Delhi. Thanks...

I will not post that publicly. PM me if you want it. I would direct you here:

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=134827.

I also have another US citizens contact info that does this type work that I will share via PM. Nothing against "feriners", but we have our own that need work.

Rancid13

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
That's how I got my start also. When I was in HS I would come into my dad's office during the summer when his secretary was on vacation and help with copying, collating reports, gluing pictures on, and mapping. Then a few years later another appraiser who worked in the same building needed a secretary to help with incoming orders, phone calls, research and data entry so he asked if I'd be interested. Nearly 10 years later I'm still there (my boss and my dad ended up sharing the same office beginning 7 years ago so now I work for both of them). I've had a trainee license for 3 years and have been getting field experience from my dad, since up to a few months ago had only done in-office work.

You could put up an ad in Pennysaver or Craigslist looking for a real estate data entry person, I've seen a few similar ads recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks