• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Off The Hook: No Criminal Charges For Spitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
dupre_spirtzer.jpg

Off The Hook: No Criminal Charges For Spitzer

U.S. Attorney Says Former N.Y. Governor Did Not Misuse Campaign Funds As A Client Of 'Emperors Club VIP'

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer will not face criminal charges following his role as a client in a high-profile prostution ring that led to his resignation in March.

U.S. Attorney Michael Garcia announced his decision Thursday afternoon.

"Eliot Spitzer has acknowledged to this Office that he was a client of, and made payments to, the Emperors Club VIP. Our investigation has shown that on multiple occasions, Mr. Spitzer arranged for women to travel from one state to another state to engage in prostitution. After a thorough investigation, this Office has uncovered no evidence of misuse of public or
campaign funds," Garcia said in a statement.

http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/eliot.spitzer.prostitution.2.858118.html

Mike Siegfried

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Yeah, but if I pick up a $ 100 hooker, they'll throw me in jail and take away my Lexus. Guess I need to save my money so I can be Client # 10. ;-)

Mike

LACKLAND27

Professional Status
State
New York
What a waste of a future for a little piece of ***. She wan't even that hot. I think losing his whole career was pretty reasonable punishment for just being a plain knuckle head :leeann: :nono:

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
State
New York
From what I hear, the FBI figured out who the other nine clients were, and there are some high profile people among them, and the option was either charging all of them or nobody.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
What a waste of a future for a little piece of ***. She wan't even that hot. I think losing his whole career was pretty reasonable punishment for just being a plain knuckle head :leeann: :nono:
I dunno, she looks pretty hot to me. Then again I don't get out of the basement much these days :rof: Comb-over Popeye looks like he swallowed his dentures..

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
Was this just concerning campaign funds & they will hit him with other charges latter?

James Micozzi

Professional Status
State
New York
Who cares? People make too big of a deal about some politician getting a little piece on the side. Remember, John F. Kennedy made some of these guys look like eunichs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks