• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Office Phone Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Clark

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
What's everyone doing for office phone systems? I have a single land line through AT&T and the cost keeps going up every year. I'm paying $80 a month for a single line with minimal features. Looking at going with a VoIP system, which one seems to be best?

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I get one line with cable, it's bundled in the package, not like I get calls on it since the invention of cellular telephones.....

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Cable, phone, internet all bundled as one for $150/month, all tax deductible.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Cable, phone, internet all bundled as one for $150/month, all tax deductible.

You think the IRS will let you write off HBO for "appraiser work"? lol

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I was getting ripped for $200 for house phone that was all spam all time, an office phone, and DSL...slower than paint drying. I went to a digital number and a caller ID phone ($25/month) + Hughes satellite for internet. It is 10x faster and cost $59.95. Saved over half. The only thing I don't get is a "commercial" listing. No one could find me anyway and the non-phone co. directories still list me.

TC NewJersey

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Phone.com

Cheap reliable, multiple extensions and voice mail. Can set up auto forward rules (like to auto forward your personal extension to your cell, etc)

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm transitioning all my clients and friends/family to the cell phone. 90% of what I get on the land line is sales calls. Also moving email from my internet provider to Gmail. Same deal: unlimited spam. Nice filters on Gmail stop all that crap.

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Buy a refurbished smart phone online, now connect to your Wifi with a skype app or other phone app. Congratulations, you just got an almost free phone that works with any wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks