• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ohio State in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
My son-in-law had to go with his graduate class to China in January. The first picture is at the Great Wall. The second is somewhere in China, and the third is a picture of their guide after they gave him a gift. If you are from OHIO you will know what they are doing.

Attachments

• 47b8dd28b3127cce98548bb595bb00000027108IatGzFm1ak.jpg
    47b8dd28b3127cce98548bb595bb00000027108IatGzFm1ak.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 47b8dd28b3127cce98548bbd95b300000027108IatGzFm1ak.jpg
    47b8dd28b3127cce98548bbd95b300000027108IatGzFm1ak.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 47b8dd28b3127cce98548ba795a900000027108IatGzFm1ak.jpg
    47b8dd28b3127cce98548ba795a900000027108IatGzFm1ak.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 41

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Those are great photos. I love to see someone wearing Ohio State gear on TV or photos from afar. I saw a photo of Artie Lange wearing an Ohio state shirt recently...thought that was kinda cool.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
My son-in-law had to go with his graduate class to China in January. The first picture is at the Great Wall. The second is somewhere in China, and the third is a picture of their guide after they gave him a gift. If you are from OHIO you will know what they are doing.

The first time I visited China, in 1996, we were in a hotel lobby in Xian and my sister in law was wearing one of my UW sweatshirts because she doesn't always pack so well. We were in the lobby for a matter of only a few minutes when a couple came over and talked to us who were from a small town about 15-20 minutes east of where we live. It is a small world at times.

Of course, we didn't feel the need to "spell" everywhere we went. :laugh: (sorry, couldn't be helped)

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Great pics, Cliff.

Of course, we didn't feel the need to "spell" everywhere we went. (sorry, couldn't be helped)

:rof: :rof: Its an OSU thing...and it only takes four of us!

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Donna,
That's a good thing because it's hard to find 4 Buckeyes or Buckey fans that know how to spell.

Last edited:

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Great pics, Cliff.

Of course, we didn't feel the need to "spell" everywhere we went. (sorry, couldn't be helped)

:rof: :rof: Its an OSU thing...and it only takes four of us!

:icon_mrgreen:

Oh, I know. Having been to many games at OSU, I'm quite used to it.

Minnesota is big into spelling as well, but as you noted they would need a few more people to do theirs. :laugh:

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Donna,
That's a good thing because it's hard to find 4 Buckeyes or Buckey fans that know how to spell.

:rof: :rof: Ain't that the truth! I think that is how Taft got voted in the last time!

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
Cool photo's.

Funny, I heard you could hardly give away OSU stuff after LSU spanked them. I guess this proves it. GEAUX TIGERS!

3 Putt

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Is there audio of em singing "hang on sloopy"

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Ahhh.China

Was there in 1987. It's one of the few countries where, if you are one in a million you still aren't sh*t. Back then, China was just starting to modernize, but no feminine hygiene products were available so women visitors had it pretty rough; also most toilets were just holes in the ground, although I did manage to spend a few days at the Jin Ling Hotel in Nanjing. (Tienamien Square demonstrations were going on then and there was a minor student demonstration in Nanjing. We awoke one morning and went to the hotel lobby only to find the hotel ringed with PLA military jeeps--they were literally touching each other and completely surrounded the hotel.)

I'm not a tree hugger, but China is overpopulated and barely has enough potable water to supply to it's citizens. One major epidemic or other natural or environmental catastrophy and Wal Mart will be out of business.

When I got to Beijing airport (in those days it was a military airport but comair could land there) a westerner approached me, not too many round eyes in China back then, and we started chatting. The guy was an engineer instructor with McDonnel Douglas and the Chinese had inked a deal for some of their airliners, but the planes had to be made in China. This guy was pulling his hair out because he could not get the Chinese workers to understand that you needed to put ALL of the rivets in the aircraft and that 60%-70% was not acceptable, but the commie workers mentality was as long as most of the rivets were in the airframe then it was OK. (The deal eventually fell through and McDonnel Douglas pulled out of China at that time.) Oops, forgot to mention that on each floor of the hotel was a desk, at which sat a political officer who monitored our activities at the hotel and we were followed around the area as well. Times are a bit different today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks