• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Oil spikes $25 on anxiety over bailout

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephHigdem

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Idaho
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12400801/

Here we go again...

Oil spikes $25 on anxiety over bailout
Trading suspended as crude prices soar to biggest one-day increase ever

Crude has gained about $40 in a dramatic four-day rally that has at least temporarily halted oil's steep two-month slide below $100. At this rate, crude is within striking distance of its all-time record of $147.27, reached in July.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Oil speculators are predicting the dollar gets hammered....which drives the price up for us and not many others...

toddmallard

Professional Status
State
Georgia
Are you **%$en kidding.

Specs plus bullets = Stable oil prices. I hope that every speculator has long term trouble with their entire life. Including but not limited to, Their Families, Their Health, Their Jobs, Their Teeth. They should all fall out except for 1 and that one should be a tooth ache for all eternity. Go Pubs.

AJL118

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
According to CNBC, it is the speculators having to cover their short positions and has nothing to do with supply and demand. I wish I had some idea WTH they are talking about! Top your tank off.........

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
from what I read Terrel is correct

The Dollar had its biggest one day decline against the Euro since the formation of the Euro in 1999. Hence the big spike in oil as crude futures are traded in dollars and declining $s make oil more attractive to overseas investors.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
the speculators having to cover their short positions
This is the last day you can buy or sell November futures contracts. They "short" the market and go long as the same time - a straddle hedge - limits the amount they can lose. The declining dollar is the fuse that sent prices up.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
And today Oil is down below $108 a barrel. Proof that covering the short positions was what caused yesterdays spike. Additional proof was the lack of similar rises in gas, heating oil and natural gas prices. It was a one day issue and prices should stabilize again.
Those guys that made money on the way up are making money on the way down, and with new regulations on short selling, they were covering their positions.

JENIFFERW

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Check the link I posted to the Picken's Plan. It's all about not only how much the price of gas is, treating the environment better, but MOSTLY about the saving American economy and way of life.

http://www.pickensplan.com/index.php

JENIFFERW

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Seems to me that if we spent as much time insisting on a solution like this as we do complaining about the price of gas and our messed up economy, things could get a whole bunch better in this country. It keeps our money here, makes us less dependent on foreign nations that hate us, makes energy cheaper, makes the air cleaner, and creates tons industrial jobs that can't be outsourced. Hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks