• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ok Kids this is Urgent, like less then an hour till I start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Ok Kids this is Urgent, like less then an hour till I start.

Ok kids, I am cooking supper this evening and I want to cook porcupines. They start out as ground beef, egg and uncooked rice made into a ball and dropped into a tomato base sauce I think. It has been years since I made any and can find a recipe for them. Can you kids help and ole coot that is cooking supper this evening.:Emoticon_hug:

If you do have one I will trade my Mountain Oyster recipe for your porcupine recipe!!!!!:clapping:

Tony V

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Standard way

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked long grained rice
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup water

Mix the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup of water, the chopped onion, , salt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Shape the mixture by tablespoons into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet and cook the meatballs over medium heat until brown; drain off excess grease. Add tomato sauce, remaining 1/2 cup water, and Worcestershire sauce; heat to boiling. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Just find a decent looking recepie for Stuffed Peppers that normally would use ground Pork as the meat. Brown the "balls" in a pan, and add to the sauce to simmer for an hour or so. Seasonings would probably be just your basic Italian herb mix, or Emerl's "essense" basic seasoning mix.

Personally, I'd serve it with a homemade spinach noodle.

Final note. One you have served it, call Domino's, and get something edible for dinnner.

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
From the old Better Homes & Gardens:

1 beaten egg
1 10 and 3/4oz can of tomato soup
1/4 cup long grain rice
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup water

Combine egg, 1/4 cup if the soup, uncooked rice, onion powder, pepper and raw beef. Mix and shape into meatballs (about 20). Place in skillet. Mix rest of the ingredients and remaining soup and pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about 20 mins of until done. Enjoy - it's a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks