• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Old Radio Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa James

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
When I was much younger, I used to wait somewhat impatiently for Sunday afternoons in order to listen to "The Shadow" on my transistor radio. I would lay on my bed and growl at anyone who even attempted to speak to me while it was on. I came across this website on Bored.com and thought I'd share with others, just in case you also enjoyed and missed the days of quality radio listening.

http://www.dumb.com/oldtimeradio/

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
If you get XM radio, then you can turn to channel 164 and have 24 hour a day 'old time radio'. Very cool, dudess. The lone ranger, Jack Benny, The whistler, The shadow, etc., etc.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
Fibber McGee and Molly, Jack Benny, the Shadow knows, George Burns, Duffy's Tavern, and the Great Gildersleeve!

I could hug you right now!

You brought back a lot of late night memories...

There used to be a radio station that played these shows way back when.
I used to sneak the radio under my covers just to listen.
Fibber McGee and Molly and the Great Gildersleeve was the absolute BEST!

And the Shadow knows....:rof:

Last edited:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Use to have a crystal radio that looked like a space ship. The antenna pulled out of the nose. Bedtime was at dark and I use to listen to Gun Smoke, Gang Busters and the other listed above. Also could pick up WGN and the Grand Ole Opry as well as the Ozark Jubilee. What ever happen to crystal radios. You don’t see kids with them any more???

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
I can remember having to build one of those radios in grade school as a class project.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Don't Do It!

You'll Get A Virus From This Link!!!!!! It's Taken Me Twenty Minutes To Post This Because All I Can Do Is Type Between The Times It's Detected, Removed And Automatcally Reinstalled. Thanks A Lot!

Theresa James

Professional Status
State
Florida
David,

I am sorry you are having a problem, but I have shared that site with numerous friends and family over the last couple of days and no one else has had an issue with it.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
This is what is puts on the computer:

vtsqr.dll

Description: vtsqr.dll is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 573492 bytes (19% of all occurrence), 577588 bytes, 569396 bytes, 280676 bytes, 284244 bytes, 285268 bytes, 262708 bytes, 692276 bytes, 277044 bytes, 281172 bytes, 28173 bytes, 557108 bytes, 684084 bytes, 277280 bytes.
This .dll file is a Browser Helper Object (BHO) that runs automatically every time you start your Internet browser. BHOs are not stopped by personal firewalls, because they are identified by the firewall as your browser itself. BHOs are often used by adware and spyware.
The file is a file without information about the maker of this file. The program has no visible window. The service has no detailed description. File vtsqr.dll is not a Windows system file. File vtsqr.dll is located in the Windows folder, but it is not a Windows core file. File vtsqr.dll is able to monitor Internet browser. vtsqr.dll is able to monitor applications, manipulate other programs, record inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 90% dangerous.

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
The program has now diabled System Restore. I'm stuck.

Theresa James

Professional Status
State
Florida
David,

I asked my computer guru son about this issue and he suggested that you delete cookies & temp internet files. I am sorry that this has happened to you, I was just trying to share an interesting site with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks