• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

? on a sewer system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Darland

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Kentucky
I am doing a HUD REO rural property that, according to the 2 yr old listing sheet has " sewer not connected--composting toilets and grey water system". I have never seen this type of system, much less know if this is considered acceptible to HUD. Since this is a HUD REO, I assume that this is acceptable, but cant remember seeing anything in the manuals or that it is even that common. Would it be up the each county to determine if this type of system is acceptable?? Any guidance or comments??

Kevin

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Is public sewer available? Call your HUD center....

wickedness1

Professional Status
State
Ohio
I am doing a HUD REO rural property that, according to the 2 yr old listing sheet has " sewer not connected--composting toilets and grey water system". I have never seen this type of system, much less know if this is considered acceptible to HUD. Since this is a HUD REO, I assume that this is acceptable, but cant remember seeing anything in the manuals or that it is even that common. Would it be up the each county to determine if this type of system is acceptable?? Any guidance or comments??

Find out from the local health department if its a legal situation, Disclose & make inspection recommendations on it. :beer:

Sounds more like a campground :rof: :rof:

Kevin Darland

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Kentucky
Thanks for your imput. Im going to contact HUD (say a prayer for me...lol) and hope I can get some guidance. Then Im going to contact the local health dept. to see what they say regarding this type of system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks