• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

On-frame Modular comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley Horse

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Ok... I've discussed this w/several local appraisers and I'm getting conflicting opinions.

Doing FHA assignment/1977 on-frame modular on a 1004 per client's request. IMO, subject shares more quality elements w/Manuf-HUD than other off frame modulars. No on-frame modular comps in my subject's immediate market (low density area), I can go 20 miles away and capture a couple similar vintage modulars, but with significantly less site values.

I have found two Manuf-HUDs in my subject's immediate market w/comparable site values... WHICH (IMO) share more quality characteristics w/my on-frame modular subject than most typical modulars.

Question: can I use both Manuf-HUDs & similar vintage Modular comps in my grid for this on-frame (chassis) subject?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Yes--whatever a prospective buyer of the subject property would consider as substitutes. Lots of explanations are necessary in the Expanded Comment Section. Disribe the market, how far back and far away it was necessary to locate properties with similar marketing appeal. That might be a mixture of manufactured homes, mobile homes, on frame modular homes, off frame modular homes and site built homes.

Also lots of explanation in your report on why you have determined the subject is an "on frame" modular, photos of undercarriage, any labels, tags, insignia, etc, etc you found.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I would think so. i would guess you should make a quality adjustment to the modular comp, if you feel the subject is inferior to the mod in quality. the handbook says to choose comparables bast on overall similarity(not on price) which isn't an issue for you.

Then, of course, explain that in length in you addendum somewhere.

Comps should be comparable...if your judgment says HUDs are more comparable, why wouldn't you use them?

Just make sure this property is eligible...4905.1 describes ineligible properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks