• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ordering Under New Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

melemel

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Who is actually going to be doing the ordering when these new guidelines go into effect? Does anyone know?

Rice Brewer

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I think that is the $64,000 question.

:icon_question:

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Duplicated.......read below.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Ross,
I think you pretty well summed it up. :(

Ted Markow

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Hampshire
Can of worms.....bag of bees.....barrel of monkeys.....and a flock of birds scattered by a shotgun blast.

Who's in charge....who's making the rules....who decides the what and the how, of the when, and for whom.....is all yet to be decidied.

And, the worst of the realty and credit debacle news has still not been broadcast or set to print. What is certain ?.....is that a whole bunch of people who made treacherous and irresponsible decisions, and did so without any applied oversight or quality control, are positioning themselves to be bailed-out and spared the wrath of the better consequences that should befall them.

In the meantime.....there is likely little recourse for those who played by the rules to find themselves given any upper-hand for selection to serve with fair, reasonable and timely compensation and respect in whatever process emerges from the fog of these next nine months of........change.

Are you having fun yet ?

You know what? Once again the appraisers end up the fall guys (persons PC). This one it like someone Daisy cluster bombs and the only ones that are standing are us. The ones that have caused this debarkle move on with very little recourse. Until they are made to qualify and adhere to the same or equivalent set of rules it will continue just in a different way when they learn how to circumvent the rules.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
REALLLLYY WISH FOLKS WOULD STOP THE B.S. ......AND READ THE DAMN THING.

HUNDREDS OF POSTINGS BYTCHING, WHINING, AND COMPLAINING OVER THE YEARS......AND THE CORE COMPLAINTS IN THE "APPRAISERS PETITION" .........HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED..........

FOR DAYS NOW, PEOPLE ARE POSTING INNUENDO, WILD STATEMENTS, ASSUMPTIONS, ETC. THAT ARE NOT BASED ON THE CODE.

READ THE CODE!!!!!!!!!!!

LENDERS CAN ORDER DIRECT, LENDERS CAN ORDER VIA TOTALLY INDEPENDENT AMCs, LENDERS CAN ORDER THRU AMCs / SUBSIDIARIES WHICH THEY OWN 20% OR LESS

THEY CANNOT ACCEPT APPRAISALS VIA THE THOUSANDS OF MORTGAGE BROKERS WHO HAVE LIED TO, STOLEN FROM, THREATENED, BLACKLISTED, AND EXORTED APPRAISERS FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ABSOLUTELY MIND-BOGGLING THAT PEOPLE .....HAVE CLEARLY......NOT TAKEN THE TIME .......TO ACTUALLY READ THE DAMN THING.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The lender also shall not use any appraisal report obtained by or through an appraisal management company that is owned by the lender or an affiliate of the lender,

provided that the foregoing prohibitions DO NOT APPLY WHERE the lender has an ownership interest in the appraisal management company of 20% or less

and where (i) the lender has no involvement in the day-to-day business operations of the appraisal management company,

(ii) the appraisal management company is operated independently,

and (iii) the lender plays no role in the selection of individual appraisers or any panel of approved appraisers used by the appraisal management company.

Last edited:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Aw, come on Mike, how do you REALLY feel............ :rof:

GCJim

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
HUNDREDS OF POSTINGS BYTCHING, WHINING, AND COMPLAINING OVER THE YEARS......AND THE CORE COMPLAINTS IN THE "APPRAISERS PETITION" .........HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED..........

FOR DAYS NOW, PEOPLE ARE POSTING INNUENDO, WILD STATEMENTS, ASSUMPTIONS, ETC. THAT ARE NOT BASED ON THE CODE.

Amen. An end to the hysteria. (I doubt it).

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
REALLLLYY WISH FOLKS WOULD STOP THE B.S. ......AND READ THE DAMN THING.

Really Mike? Where have the core complaints been addressed? As far as I know it is back to business as usual for Eappraiseit and the rest of the lot. Do you really think pressure will be alleviated and blacklisting will cease to exist under these new guidelines? I don't. Oh I suppose I can call the new hotlines and file a complaint when I get cut off for telling the truth in a report, there is some solace in that.:Eyecrazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks