• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Oregon and Wisconsin - Looking for Board complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I'm looking for past and present appraiser complaints from these two boards - I want to start a database of complaints, how the board has handled prior complaints, etc. You can send them to cynthia @ pokeybus.com (remove the spaces). When I get to Florida I'm going to start building a database of complaints, definitions used, punishments etc. It's time we hold our boards accountable. Complaints from other boards would be great as well, but there seems to be a lot of appraiser dissatisfaction with the above 2 boards and how they handle complaints so I'm starting there. Are there other states I should focus on as well? Colorado seems to come to mind.

Fred

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Virgin Islands
Wisconsin is on line through the state web site. I have been reading them for years. Me no-know nothing' about Oregon.

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
Smokey,
I know that Doug would be able to assist as a soon to be former board member. You may try contacting the board directly and see what they have to say. I understand that Cindie and Larry are the people who deal with complaints.

Bob Keith
Administrator
[email protected]

Cyndie Standley
Appraiser Compliance Analyst
[email protected]

Larry Green

Appraiser Compliance Analyst
[email protected]

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Let us know when your ready AZ will flood you!!

Oregon Doug

Professional Status
General Public
State
Oregon
Hey there Smokey,

Just what do you want to know about Oregon?

Oregon Doug

kerrylanger

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I think the gist of the request might not be a request for the "complaints" that are publicly displayed, but the other side of the story. What you see online maybe a distorted view of what happened. There usually is two sides to a story and many times one side is forced to keep their mouth shut.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I think the gist of the request might not be a request for the "complaints" that are publicly displayed, but the other side of the story. What you see online maybe a distorted view of what happened. There usually is two sides to a story and many times one side is forced to keep their mouth shut.

You could NOT BE MORE CORRECT! What I learned yesterday about appraisal boards would absolutely enrage ethical appraisers.

Smokey, hook up with USPAP Compliant. He is light years ahead of you on this project.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I'm looking for board complaints that are inaccurate, that railroad etc. I'm looking for boards that threaten you with revoking your license if you don't agree to their discipline and exercise your rights to a hearing before an administrative law judge. I'm hearing too many horror stories and want to start documenting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks